Friday, 12 August 2016

Berry Pickin'



















I have found that when you randomly plan to go somewhere, you end up having the time of your life and you achieve the best memories from that day! I can honestly say that this was truly one of those days.

On the 1st of August, myself and my faves headed over to Malt Kiln farm in Rugby. A short drive from Birmingham, I honestly could not wait to start pickin' those berries!

On arrival, we picked up those cute little green baskets and headed over to the long green fields to start picking. 
It was lovely to see that we could pick more than just strawberries, there were raspberries, vegetables and even sunflowers!

I would definitely recommend going to a farm to pick your own because it honestly was so much fun, especially with the kids. It's a learning experience too because kids get to see how beautiful our world really is and by showing them how fruit grows and how fun it can be to collect and pick your own fruit, can really be a delightful thing!

We ended up picking quite an amount of berries, both raspberries and strawberries. So much that we ended up making strawberry milkshakes for three days straight and I added some into my breakfast porridge. Nothin' beats the taste of fresh picked berries, it was actually better than the fruit you buy in supermarkets.

One of my highlights of 2016 was definitely this day, family, fun  and fresh fruit!

Have you been berry picking?

8 comments:

  1. Wow I haven't been strawberry picking in years! I really want to go now haha xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha, you definitely should soon, when the weather's good tho! xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't going strawberry picking in years. I will need to take my kids asap!
    Angie | Chocolate & Lipstick | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so fun with the kids too <3 definitely recommend it <3 xx

      Delete
  3. This looks like loads of fun. I have not gone berry picking since i was young. I want to go now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I had so much fun after so long, I went with my parents when I was little so it was nice to visit one again <3 xx

      Delete
  4. Omg! This looks like a super cute day! I really want to go!

    Francesca xx
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! <3 it sure was a highlight of this year, for me xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara