Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Confectionery Inspired Lipbalms





It's like pic n mix but without the calories...
When confectionery/beverages and lipbalms combine, you can expect fun and flavoured lip products coupled with a novelty factor.

If you know me well, you'll know that I am a HUGE lip balm hoarder and if it's cute, I gotta get my paws on it. I have owned and used quite a fair amount of lipsmacker lip balms too but this was the first ever time I had tried a fun bunch of balms.
There is certainly something for everyone. Some of the top sweets/candy and beverage brands that are included are as follows: Jelly Belly, Pepsi, Hershey's, Wonka and even Reeses!

I was lovingly sent a range to try out and I was very impressed with what I had received. I received four outrageously cute and yummy flavours: Jelly Belly in Berry Blue, Hershey's, Hershey's kisses and Reese's.
No doubt the packaging of each of the lipbalms definitely does catch your eye. It's fun, bright and the same as the packaging you would find on the actual confectionery/beverage.

Scent-wise I was BLOWN AWAY. Like, literally! Each of the lipbalm smelt exactly like the label. One of my favourite chocolates is Hershey's and truly had the same aroma that you smell once you rip open a Hershey's bar or a packet of Hershey's Kisses. Mind-blown.

What I particularly loved about the some of the balms was the colour pay-off. The Hershey's duo had the most colour to them. I wasn't expecting the lip balms to have any colour but it sure finishes off the lip balm because it colours and tints the lips a beautiful wash of deep red/brown. Perfect for lazy days when you want instant hydration and colour at the same time. The Reese's and the Jelly Belly lipbalms gave more sheen rather than colour, which I'm quite glad about since I don't think I'll be able to rock an orange or a blue lip.

Overall, I definitely think these are worth checking out, if you're like me and favour the sweeter things in life then go grab a few! These also look pretty darn cute thrown into my make-up bag too!

Available to buy at Claires / from £3.50

6 comments:

  1. These look great and i have got to try them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! They're so cute too! xx

      Delete
  2. I use to have the coco-cola lip balms when I was younger and was obsessed with them! I need to get my hands on these purely for the nostalgia!! Lovely post X

    www.justgeorgiarose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yes! It does remind me of the 90s too! <3 miss that decade! Thank you so much lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. I always see quirky little lip balms like this and they all look amazing, i'm suchh a sweet lover this could turn into a problem haha
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean hehe <3 ^^ quirky is good and so are sweets (both food and lipbalms) xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara