Monday, 15 February 2016

The Perfect Red Carpet Look With Farfetch*



Recently I was contacted on behalf of Farfetch, a company which makes buying designer goods a whole lot easier! It's a online community which consists of 400 boutiques that sells many high end goods straight to your door! There are over a 1000 labels to choose from and it is the ideal place for all the fashion forward girls and boys out there!
With the run up to the Golden Globes, Grammys and the Academy Awards, I have been asked to create a fashion set of the perfect red carpet look that is fashion forward and farfetch enough to rock the red carpet.

I sure had fun browsing and putting together pieces for my look. When we think of red carpet events we think of long elegant dresses but I decided to opt for a more fun and edgier look. I loved Selena Gomez's look at the Teen Choice Awards in 2012, she wore a short pleated dress that screamed attention and the bubblegum pink colour was an excellent choice. I also admired Whitney Port's look from the MTV movie awards in 2010 and she wore this cute yellow dress, that hugged her perfectly with some strappy heels. Based on both those looks I decided to go for a shorter dress with some amazing accessories to match.

The Dress
I chose the Versace Mix Medusa Print Dress (£815.28) since it definitely caught my eye, it's such a fun dress! I love the colours and I'm pretty sure this would get everyone talking. The dress has such a vibrant colour and patterns so I decided to go simple with the accessories and let the dress do the talking.

The Accessories
The Versace Medusa Clutch (£436.46) seemed like the cutest choice, the pastel pink colour wouldn't clash with the dress and seeing as it's one plain colour, it would go nicely with the outfit and still look just as good. My choice of heels came in the form of Alexander Mcqueen Flower Applique Pumps (£645.00) I wanted something black to break up the outfit and seeing as black goes with everything, this particular pair was so unique and with the cute flower detailing it makes the heels a bit more interesting rather than a basic black heel. My favourite accessory would have to be the Irene Neuwirth 18kt Rose Gold Onyx Drop Earrings (£3,715.63) I love how these look so vintage-esque and these would definitely add a bit of class to the whole outfit, Again I chose something black just to break up the outfit seeing as the dress and clutch are both pink. Lastly you gotta add a bit of Chanel to an outfit so I chose the Chanel Vintage Multi Strand Belt (£1,382.74) this literally tied the whole look up, it adds a bit of fun to the outfit and it also looks like you've made a bit more effort in putting the look together.

So there you have it! My ideal red carpet look but with a fun and an edgier twist! What do you think of my choices?

6 comments:

  1. That dress is so funky i love it!
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I agree! <3 The print is just so striking! <3 xx

      Delete
  2. I love the dress and the whole outfit. You picked out some reall good pieces! Ameera xo

    ameeraraidhan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be able to pull that style of dress off, it's lovely! - but i'm so boring and always stick to plain colours. I need to experiment more with patterns and print! (Ps. thanks so much for your comment on my blog, I am going to try and do a review for the two bath bombs - providing I remember to take photos of it before I jump in to the bath! Sometimes I get a bit too excited and forget that I should perhaps blog about it before I ruin it!) I'll deffo post a few videos/pics on snapchat though xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you defo should lovely! It would suit you! <3 aww no problem! Haha I know what you mean but i'm looking forward to seeing your reviews! xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara