Wednesday, 12 August 2015

DIY: Funfetti Mug Cake





I love cake but I love cake even more when it's prepared within moments, In today's post I'll be sharing my easy funfetti mug cake recipe which literally is as easy as 123. You'll thank me later when you get those midnight sugar cravings hehe, perfect for anyone that has a sweet tooth!

You'll need:
Your favourite mug
1 tsp butter
1 egg
Self raising flour
White chocolate chips
Rainbow sprinkles
Vanilla extract

Step 1)
In a mug, melt the butter with the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.

Step 2)
Once cooled, add in the egg, flour, vanilla extract and sprinkles.

Step 3)
Cook in the microwave for around a minute, keep checking and once you see the cake batter rise, it's done!

It really is as easy as that, I did not have self raising flour at hand so I just added a bit of baking powder to help the batter rise. You can also add any toppings that you like, I personally feel that the white chocolate and rainbow sprinkles go so well together so it's worth a try.
The finished mug cake is warm, moist and oh so delicious! Kind of like a hug in a mug.

Let me know if you try this recipe out, Would love to see if you recreate it!

12 comments:

  1. Aaah this looks amazing!! Perfect for when you need something ready made, and the white chocolate and sprinkles sound like they go together so well! please post more recipes :D xx

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | follow for a follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! <3 I love that you can readily find these ingredients in your home so it really is so easy! Aww will do lovely! xx

      Delete
  2. This looks incredible and so delicious! I sometimes make the basic chocolate cake in a mug but I definitely need to try this one now. I find the big Cath Kidston mugs are brilliant for making them.

    Maddie // itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I have not tried the chocolate version (yet) I so agree! <3 I need a bigger mug for these recipes xx

      Delete
  3. OMG this blog is so much cute! I love it <3 I'll try the recipe <3


    mini-s-mall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so so much! <3 would love to know how yours turns out <3 xx

      Delete
  4. Such a good idea, i never had ingredients to make them though haha =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love to bake then you'll definitely find it all ^^

      Delete
  5. can't beat a good cake in a mug recipe not had one with sprinkles in before
    Carrieanne x
    http://www.beautiesunlocked.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right! It make's it look so much more fun and cute <3 xx

      Delete
  6. This is so cute! I am loving your blog right now! Check out mine?
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    Morgan xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara