Monday, 24 August 2015

Beauty Hack #1 The Many Uses Of Vaseline*



Ever wondered how many uses there are for Vaseline? Well, you have come to the right place because I am going to share with you my list of uses that some in so handy.

Protect skin from hair colourants
Simply apply it around the hairline to prevent any skin staining, just wipe it off after and you'll be ready to go!
Use as an all-over body moisturiser
Apply onto any dry skin areas, perfect for rough elbows, knees and even hands!
Prevent nail varnish marks
Apply around the nail bed before painting your nails, this acts as a barrier so no varnish will get on your skin, win! (a personal fave)
Get long lashes
Many people swear by this trick! Apply every night before bed and over time you will have longer, stronger and thicker lashes.
Make your own lip colour
Another personal favourite, simply choose a coloured pigment (old eyeshadows or lipsticks) and mix it with a small amount of vaseline on your hand to create your own custom lip shade.
Prevent razor burn
Apply a little to your legs after shaving, it will both sooth and smooth them!
Make your perfume last longer
Apply a small amount on pulse points before spraying your favourite scent, it really does make it last longer.
Make a DIY lip scrub
Simply add in some sugar granules and scrub away, works just like a commercial lip scrub.
Smooth hair
use it to tame frizz and seal split ends and even to keep unruly brows in place.
Help stubborn studs glide in
If you don't wear earrings often, those holes can become troublesome so rub a small amount onto your ear lobes and the earring to help it slide in painlessly.
Acts as a gentle eye make-up remover
Makeup remover can be expensive and tough on your eyes. Vaseline is an inexpensive option that easily and gently removes eyeliner, mascara, shadow, and even any eyelash glue that your falsies leave behind.


Bows and Pearls did a little collab with the lovely illustrator - Genevieve Edwards and you can check out her work here, she illustrated me (see below and spot the Vaseline I'm holding!) I absolutely LOVE it! Thank you Genevieve!


So there you have it! If you have or know of any hacks with Vaseline then do share them by commenting below! I would love to know how you use this excellent multi-purpose product! I also want to mention that First Utility is currently doing a life hacks campaign where you can discover ways in making your life easier, check it out here link

10 comments:

  1. Great tips! Some I didn't even know about so thanks for sharing :)


    Lotté | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tips! I use Vaseline for when I'm dying my eyebrows - just outline my eyebrows then the colour won't stain my skin! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Ahh yes! That's a great tip too! Thanks for sharing! <3 xx

      Delete
  3. It's always so handy to have a tub around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right! <3 gotta love vaseline! x

      Delete
  4. Aw I didn't know Vaseline can be used for hair too!

    xx
    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The possibilities are endless lol ^^

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing these hacks! One that I will be using is the nail varnish once because I'm a sucker for smudging!
    Lust For Beauty
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no problem lovely! <3 Glad to see that you enjoyed reading this post <3 xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara