Wednesday, 3 June 2015

DIY: Dino Ring Holder





There's nothing like doing a spot of DIY on a rainy day. It has been so long since I last featured a DIY/lifestyle post and I have been trying to get back into the creative side of things. This has to be one of my most favourite mini projects I have ever done!
I adore jenni from ISpyDiy (my inspiration) I saw that she did a tutorial for a Dino Ring Holder and I just loved how unique and quirky it looked so I attempted it. I am so pleased with the results. I really wanted to share this with you all, this simple DIY project is as easy as 123. It looks so Pinterest-esque too!

Things you will need:
  • Plastic Toy Dinosaur
  • Gold Nail Polish
  • Paint Brush
  1. Pick a dinosaur of your choice, I chose this particular one so that I could stack my rings on the neck. As you can see, It's quite long so you can easily stack a few of your favourite rings. You can readily find these dinosaurs at a pound/dollar store.
  2. In a well-ventilated area, start painting the dinosaur. I used the actual nail polish brush but you can also choose to use a paint brush to make applying coats of nail polish quicker. I was able to get a good strong gold colour after atleast 5 coats, you need to make sure that you paint everything.
  3. Leave to dry, I left mine near a window for a whole day to let it properly air dry.
  4. Stack your favourite rings and place it on your dresser/bedside table or shelf.
And there you have it! Such an inexpensive way to create a neat ring holder that will definitely get everyone talking! 
What do you think of this rather cute DIY project, Will you be giving this a try?

40 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea - love it! I think I'd have to give mine a glitter polish layer too, for added bling! xx

    Laura | Loved By Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! <3 Oooh what a fab idea! Might add a topcoat <3 <3

      Delete
  2. This is so cute haha!! Xx
    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this. Will have to give this a go myself.
    Chloe x

    www.chlodrop6.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! It's so fun! <3 Love to see how yours will turn out <3 xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Full credit goes to the lovely Jenni over at Ispydiy <3 She's inspired me to start doing diy/crafts again <3

      Delete
  5. What a great little DIY project!

    I totally want to do this now! So many different uses for nail polish!

    Lovely blog!
    Love, Francesca xx
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! <3 ^^ I know right!? xx

      Delete
  6. OMG THIS IS SO COOL! I am not really one for DIYs, they look more like the pinterest fail blog when I try them but this is amazing and so easy. Might be trying this one:

    http://noranoraa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so so much lovely! Trust me this one is food proof and so quick! Have fun creating lovely! <3 xx

      Delete
  7. This is amazing, what a brilliant idea!! I'll be hunting out an old dino toy for sure today :) X

    A Blonde Moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! <3 So exciting! <3 xx

      Delete
  8. This is soooo cute! :) I really love it! More DIY posts please!!!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much lovely! I have noted it down, I really do want to do more posts like these, you got it! <3 xx

      Delete
  9. This is such a cool idea and it looks cute!

    Sarah

    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you lovely! <3 it sure does stand out on my dressing table too <3 xx

      Delete
  10. This is so cute! I would love to start trying out diy projects but I'm too busy right now.

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely <3 Me too and when you do it after so long, it's twice as fun <3 xx

      Delete
  11. This is such a cool DIY, plus it can work with lots of different animals too :)

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! <3 That's a lovely idea! Might do more but in pastel colours! ^^ xx

      Delete
  12. This is such a good idea, I will defo be trying this out soon! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! No problem <3 happy to hear that you loved this post xx

      Delete
  13. That's a really clever idea, I love it! x http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fun DIY. I currently have a little bowl from Ikea for my rings and some of my jewelry. But it's a little messy to just dig around until you find the right piece. So need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! <3 It sure was! ^^ I was using the same! This dino though holds just the right amount of my rings, so it's way easier to see your faves! xx

      Delete
  15. This is adorable! I bet this would cost a fortune in a shop haha :D xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! You know what, I think you're absolutely right! <3 xx

      Delete
  16. How adorable! Definitely taking inspiration from this :) you've also reminded me I want to use Pinterest some more to find more creative ideas like this one!

    Sarah xo || See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! So sweet! <3 Pinterest is an amazin' way to find such cute diy projects ^^ xx

      Delete
  17. What an amazing idea! I absolutely love this, so creative.. I think I may have to hunt down some plastic dino's and do this myself.
    xx


    wheninwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely <3 yay! You'll definitely have fun <3 xx

      Delete
  18. This is actually so awesome! my rings are just in a dish at the moment but I think they would look way better on a dinosaur! such a good post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so so much lovely! <3 Happy to hear that you loved this post! xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara