Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Clarins Aquatic Treasures



When a brand NEW Clarins collection lands on my doorstep, I just get so excited, after loving the spring collection, I was looking forward to the summer offering and I have been extremely loving these three products the most.
The aquatics treasures collection is based on the textures and shades of the ocean, sand and the ocean floor. So fitting for the summer season! Read on to find out why I chose these 3 products to feature in my top picks.

Collection description:
This summer Clarins plunges us to the depths of the glittering turquoise-blue ocean to reveal the enchanting treasures that lie beneath the waves. The Aquatic Treasures collection captures the textures and shades of the ocean; a harmony of rich gold and bronze to reflect the silky sands, iridescent shades to mirror the glimmering pearls scattering the ocean floor, and a splash of glittering grey echoing the water as it sparkles in the sunlight. This combination of shades and textures will illuminate, giving a glowing complexion.

I honestly think this was needed in the collection, I mean it is such an ingenious idea! A face mist that doubles up as a face refresher and a make-up 'setter' A must for hot summer days because it instantly makes my skin feel and look fresh, my make-up also seems to magically look 10x better thanks to the hydration and comfort factor. This has a fresh scent that happily goes well with the purpose. The spray bottle is cute too! Easy to travel with and can look pretty on any dresser.

I was sent both shades but I seemed to be drawn towards the dark grey shade more, these eyeshadows have such an incredible formula. It's a cream to powder product that feels so soft at touch. The pigmentation is the 'wow factor' because in just one swatch it is dark enough without having to apply layers of colour. You can even use your finger to apply these and that's what makes this perfect for people who want to look good but are strapped for time. It even contains bamboo powder for a long-lasting effect. Simply commendable.

Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil (£17*)
I love kohl liners but I find it hard to find one that a) has decent pigment and b) does not stretch my eye area because the formula/application is too stiff. Guys I think my hunt is over because this pencil has the creamiest formula ever! Applying this is so quick and easy and the fact that the pigment is so intense, you do not need to reapply on the same area twice! This is waterproof which is needed for summer and it really lasts long! There is also a built in smudge tip to blend/smoke out your line. I currently have this in my make-up bag and I don't think I'll be changing my eye liner pencil any time soon!

I will be doing more in depth reviews of each of the products for any of you who are interested. Well done Clarins! You've got top marks from me!

The Aquatics Treasures collection is available to buy now, check it out here - link

What do you think of the Clarins Summer 2015 collection?

12 comments:

  1. It's such an amazing collection! I love Clarins' makeup xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I am really lovin' Clarins lately too <3 Both the spring & summer collections have been by far my most favourite <3

      Delete
  2. Love Clarins, especially their cleansing collection. Will have to try the face mist, sounds wonderful & surprisingly affordable!

    Michelle
    michellegleaves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love their make-up but I have not tried their skincare range as much, I have heard alot of good things about it too <3 The face mist is a good pick! <3 x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The chrome packaging sure is stunning as well as the actual pigment! <3 xx

      Delete
  4. The eyeshadow texture looks absolutely amazing! xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! You really need to try it out in person! <3 xx

      Delete
  5. I have yet to try Clarins product but this eye liner looks really nice and I'm currently on a hunt for one, so I might pick it up next time I'm shopping ;)
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog http://aaarabesque.blogspot.com/ - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be the ONE you are lookin' for ^^ I honestly think it's the best! Sure, will pop over xx

      Delete
  6. I am in love with clarions products at the moment- I have just reviewed some of their skincare too -
    Great blog.

    Megan
    www.auroradust.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think clarins is so underrated! It needs more love, honestly! Their make-up & skincare is fault proof <3 I am thinking of getting a few skincare bits from them too xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara