Monday, 27 April 2015

My Blogging Essentials


Whenever I blog I always make sure I have my essentials, there's nothing like being organised and using things to help you with the whole blogging process. Here are my top five must haves for when you need to sit and type away that lovely content!

Nerdy chick: You've got to use technology, that's a given! I type my posts on my laptop and I sometimes blog on the go using my phone, I have downloaded the Blogger app which is available to use on both apple and android phones, it's great for typing away ideas or finishing off a blog post. I take my blog photos on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and boy! Is the quality amazing! I do want to invest in a camera later on but for now I am happy with how the photos turn out, remember it's how you use a device, research your phone/camera on how to take photos, not every blogger needs a DSLR.

Jot it down: To make blog post planning a bit more 'fun' I use cute/kawaii stationery items in my filofax, I love adorable little sticky notes and writing away with glitter gel pens. The fact that everything is so pastel and colourful, will make you want to write more or even pick up your notes to read. Keep all your ideas stored away in a handy organiser and do carry it around with you because you never know when you'll get the next BIG idea for your next post.

Beauty bits: When I'm sitting on my desk or even on my bed, I make sure to keep a few essentials near me whilst I'm typing away. A lip balm is a must for me and do show some TLC to your hands by using a favourite hand cream, mine's Skinfood by Weleda. I also like to use a bit of solid perfume on my pulse points, this one by My English Summer is my all time fave! It's so fruity that I can smell the scent every time I move my wrists, it's an uplifter!

Sweet treats: I cannot blog unless I have something sweet to accompany my hot cup of tea/coffee. My favourite thing to indulge in lately is mini eggs, mini rolls and even a slice of toffee cheesecake. Oops! 

Ambience: Some like to play music and some like utter silence, I'm the type of person who needs complete silence to blog, it's just easier to hear my own thoughts. I do however like to light a candle since it makes me feel more at ease and it's also a great way to test out many scents. I'm burning a fruity/berry scent at the moment and it's delish!

So these were my top five tips/blogging essential must haves! I would love to know what are yours!

16 comments:

  1. I also have a hard time blogging when I don't have somethign sweet to snack on haha! Bad habit. x
    eastofsiam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ^^ I suppose it gives that boost for typing so much <3 xx

      Delete
  2. Hi there babe, u ok?
    Lovely blog and post, I like your style of writing,
    thanks for sharing this with us.
    Follow back if you don't mind.
    Visit me whenever you have time,
    New post; BIG BOOTY IN 30 DAYS!
    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk
    Anyway have a lovely week!
    Stay in touch.
    Kisses!
    Dominica S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm good thanks how are you?! ^^ Thank you so so much! Glad to hear that you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed working on it <3 xx Thanks lovely! You too! ^^

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tips! I always need to have some sweet treats by my side when I'm blogging too. I think I'm going to take a trip to Paperchase for some cute stationary :)

    Sami x | Daisy Daydreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem lovely! <3 I think that cuter stationery pushes me to work more, sounds a bit crazy but I think if you're notes are pretty you will want to work hard, I definitely recommend paperchase! Love that store! xx

      Delete
  4. I love Rose & Co salve, Cherry Flavour is my favourite!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heart the vintage packaging <3 Ooh I have not tried that flavour/scent before! xx

      Delete
  5. Definitely ambience! I always listen to some chilled music when writing, and normally always have a cuppa nearby too :)

    www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fab lovely! <3 Tea is definitely a must! xx

      Delete
  6. I am not this organized lol I love this post, definitely some good ideas!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to put my hand up and say I kind of have an obsession with being organised lol it does make it easier to do tasks, thanks lovely! <3 xx

      Delete
  7. I'm a huuuge advocate of the 'start with what you have' idea when it comes to blogging, so it's nice to read about someone else who just uses their phone! I definitely agree that it's all about how you use it, there's no need to spend loads on a DSLR just for your blog! I'm a big believer in cute stationery too, I have a special notebook where I write down all my ideas and I'm so proud of it haha.

    Loved reading this, such a cute idea for a post!

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved this comment! Thank you so so much! I'm glad that you also believe in that, it is possible to blog with what you have <3 xxx

      Delete
  8. Love the fact you use a filofax for blog ideas, sounds so Carrie Bradshaw!

    Michelle
    michellegleaves.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara