Wednesday, 11 March 2015

NEW Makeup Revolution I ♥ Obsession Palette In 'Wild Is The Wind'





Say hello to yet another new offering from Makeup Revolution! When two NEW eyeshadow palettes landed on my doorstop I could not contain my excitement, Makeup Revolution have won so many hearts with their super quality make-up products at such affordable prices and I can definitely say that I am well on the way to loving this brand and I can not wait to see what is next for MUR.

Makeup Revolution have launched 5 new limited edition eyeshadow palettes called I ♥ Obsession, each with a different name and colour scheme. I was sent two palettes, 'Wild Is The Wind' which has a mixture of bright, neutral and jewel-toned shades and 'Pure Cult' which is actually a dupe for the Naked 3 palette. These two palettes are an excellent addition to my collection since I can use neutrals for everyday use and the bright/jewel toned colours for when I am feeling creative and want to experiment.
Packaging wise, these palettes are very practical and travel-friendly. You can see the shades thanks to the transparent lid. Each of the shades are laid onto very spacious square pans which is not only great for the amount you get but it is also great as this gives you enough room to swirl your eyeshadow brush without mixing into another colour by mistake. Each eyeshadow has been imprinted with a 'I ♥' or 'Obsession' which adds a nice touch and makes the palette look a bit more pricier. The palette does not have a mirror not does it contain a brush which does let this down ever so slightly. It did contain a double ended eyeshadow applicator but I hardly use those any more since I prefer to use brushes, it's ok for quick touch ups but not for proper applications. The eyeshadows don't have an individual name which would of been better but seeing as the palettes are limited edition maybe MUR will see which colours were popular so that they could add some new shades into their permanent line? 
Now onto the good points, visually this palette is very eye-catching and I was very drawn towards the turquoise shade. There are a mixture of matte and shimmery eyeshadows so you really are spoilt for choice. In terms of pigmentation, I was quite surprised to see how vibrant some of the the shades looked and without the help of a primer! This particular palette is a dupe for 'Stila's Eyes Are The Window' palette which is great because who doesn't love a dupe and it far cheaper than paying out £30! I heart the staying power of these eyeshadows, it lasts a good 7-8 hours at the most and the texture is just amazing! It feels so buttery-soft and blends without any extra effort. My personal favourite shades are the lilac and the royal blue. I will definitely be switching up the colours I use when I do a smokey eye, if I replace the normal black that I use and opt for the royal blue or forest green then it would look just as lovely.

All in all, I am quite impressed by MUR, this particular palette is great for those who love colour and who wants to experiment, the pigmentation and texture is great and the colour range means there's shades to suit everyone. I have named this my 'party' palette, definitely great to add to your collection and what's good is the price! At only £3.99 how can you really go wrong?!

You can check out this palette here - link

What do you think of this palette? Have you tried it yet?

14 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful palate! I'm really trying to increase my makeup draw by getting some more items and this is definitely I want to try out! Especially if it's okay £3.99 x
    Tabitha - amour-tabitha.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this will make a great addition to your make-up collection! it's great for that price too! <3 xx

      Delete
  2. Pretty palette - I have the pure cult palette from this range and I love it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that palette too! Who needs a naked 3 when you have pure cult! I'm wearing some of the shades now and the colour impact is amazing! <3 xx

      Delete
  3. This looks like a lovely palette, I wouldn't expect anything less from Makeup Revolution their collection is going from strength to strength!

    Roxie ♥
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right! I am so excited to see what's next! Been loving all of their eyeshadow palettes lately, the iconic pro is amaaaaazing! <3 xx

      Delete
  4. I can't believe this was only £3.99. Eyeshadow palettes can be so expensive so I really like how you get a nice range of shades for that price

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree with you! <3 You should see the other 4 palettes in this new range, the shades in each palette are just lovely! xx

      Delete
  5. I would dub this a "party palette" too! I like mixing in a bit of purple when I can but there are some other shades in there I wouldn't mind trying.

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love experimenting with colour?! I have been also loving darker shades of lippy too! Which is sooo not me! What is going on haha x

      Delete
  6. These aren't really colours I'd wear but it definitely is eyecatching, and wow, what a great price!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely is! & this makes you want to experiment more. I am so loving dark greens at the moment too! xx

      Delete
  7. This looks like such a great palette! There's a great combination of colours there, perfect for a variety of looks x

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! You can really play around with this palette <3 xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara