Friday, 13 March 2015

Favourite Nail Shades #1


It's been a while since I last featured any nail polish review/swatches and I have been really enjoying painting my nails lately. I also have accumulated a few favourite polishes over the past few weeks and I wanted to share with you my go-to shades which features a glitter, pastel, dark and nude polish.

Starting with my most worn shade, this nude polish by essence is a perfect everyday colour.
Essence Colour & Go in 152 Give Me Nude,Baby! Is a milky white that has mini sparkles in the formulation. For the shade to be fully opaque you have to apply atleast three coats but the end result is lovely, my nails look ultra shiny and classy.

Next up, a beautiful pastel blue that comes in a form of Revlon Nail Enamel in 044 Blue Lagoon. This looks stunning on and though the brush is thin, it is totally worth taking the time to apply this. This contains mini sparkles too and this adds more dimension to the shade.

My pick for a good glitter polish is L'Oreal Top Coat Carat in 910 Gold Lurux, the ultimate party polish! The gold glitter particles are small/medium sized and with a few coats your nails will be covered with all that beautiful glitz, I know removing glitter polishes can be a pain but it's so worth it for this one, well any glitter polish really.

Nude polishes are one of my favourites shades to go for and the Me Me Me Nail Collection Long Lasting Gloss in 78 Ambitious, is a true nude shade, kind of a mix between a beigey light brown/dusky pink and I love how this one applies and looks afterwards. Definitely a long-lasting polish, it's quite pretty on!

When I feel like wearing a dark shade I turn to Nails Inc in Motcomb Street, this is a stunning dark and inky blue which actually looks almost black. Quite a sophisticated shade that looks beautiful on short, square shaped nails. You only really need two coats for the shade to be fully opaque and this dries so quickly too!

Finally a barbie pink shade by Zoya Professional Lacquer in Emme, I got this a while back and I wear this when I'm feeling girly, This colour does not disappoint. It has a shimmery finish and is perfect for spring/summer.

Are there any shades you're loving at the moment?

8 comments:

  1. Blue Lagoon is one of my all time favs. Although that Nails Inc in Motcomb Street looks AMAZING. I've been huge into darker and more bright blues lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm really into blues at the moment too! Have been eyeing up some essie polishes, they have some gorgeous blue shades <3 xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! <3 the blue is so gorgeous on! x

      Delete
  3. So many pretty colours!!

    Emma Xx

    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love your photography style in this post! bloody gorgeous. i also need to get my hands on that nails inc colour, so pretty!

    Heather / The Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!!! I'm really trying to up my game in the photo side of things lately <3 Definitely try it out, it's a beautiful blue shade! xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara