Tuesday, 17 February 2015

The Body Shop Lip Butter In Chocomania



I really need to try more products from The Body Shop, I must of only tried 4-5 products (so bad right?!) So I was perusing the sales in December and I saw this lip butter which was chocolate scented! (insert heart eyes emoji here) and the next thing I know, I was at the till and paid for this half priced must-have lip product! I should of picked up two! It only costed me £3!!!

Product description:
This buttery balm melts onto the lips for instant hydration. It contains real cocoa butter and has a delicious chocolate flavour. Wear it, love it, but don’t eat it. Instant hydration Buttery texture Leaves lips feeling softer and smoother.

The packaging is just like the standard lip butters available at The Body Shop, A small dinky pot with the colour scheme to match the chocolate theme. The screw cap secures well and is great for on the go. Easy to open and apply but I see this as being un-hygienic since you are dipping your fingers in to apply the product, Suppose it would be better in tube form?
Texture wise this tastes and feels oh so buttery! Applies easily onto the lips, Hence the name of the product and it really does make my lips feel smooth, soft and very moisturised, perfect for the current weather in the UK now, since extreme cold wind can really ruin the condition of your lips. Using this can really banish those dry patches and flakiness.
The actual colour of the lip butter is a light biscuit brown which actually does show up on the lips as more of a nude colour. Win!
Now onto the scent/flavour! If I had to really describe the scent then I would have to say it really smells like the most decadent chocolate brownies you have ever smelt/eaten, I literally want to eat this, but of course you can't. Some chocolate scented products can smell artificial or even sickly sweet but this has just the right amount of scent.
This wears beautifully for a good 2-3 hours before needing to reapply which for a lip balm is actually quite good! I really wouldn't mind reapplying before that time though, any excuse to open the lid and smell the chocolatey goodness, haha!
The only little con I can think of is that there is no SPF, which could of been great if added but I honestly think the pros outdoes the one little negative.

I loved this travel friendly, cute, super moisturising and to die-for chocolate scented lip butter and I cannot wait to try more scents in the range! Sadly I only just checked and remembered that this was limited edition so it is not available to buy! I really do wish I picked up more products in this range, we can only hope that The Body Shop brings it back or another version of this sadly missed scent.

Have you tried this and what is your favourite lip butter from The Body Shop?

10 comments:

  1. It sounds really great, even without SPF.
    Nice review honey, I like the pics very much!
    Very creative <3<3

    xoxo Colli // tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Trying to up my game in the photography department ha! <3 xx

      Delete
  2. The pictures are really cute, I want to eat that balm haha, great review I'm going to give that a try.
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much lovely! Haha it does sound and smell very edible, love how the body shop scents are so realistic and not artificial smelling ^^ unfortunately they do not sell these any more but you could try the cocoa butter version, could smell similar? xx

      Delete
  3. gorgeous photos! I've been loving products from TheBodyShop lately and may take a look at this when I'm next in!

    EricaRosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3 the cocoa butter range will be similar to this since sadly this was a limited edition product! Wish it was from the permanent range :( x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. <3 I already have my eyes set on buying more lip butters #obsessedmuch ^^ xx

      Delete
  5. I bet this smells soo good! the packaging is cute x
    ps: just followed you on GFC!

    Annie | www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does! Makes me want to bake brownies! ^^ <3 aww thank you lovely! xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara