Monday, 16 February 2015

How To Beat Bloggers Block


Hands up if you have ever had bloggers block? I know I have and it has happened many times. With blogging you are always learning, whether it be html coding or a simple photography trick. Some days you just feel overwhelmed as to what to type - it's a vicious circle I tell ya!
So here are my top six ways to help banish that bloggers block and to let those creative juices flowing again! These ways have helped me so I hope it helps you out too.

Note it down: Sometimes you might find it hard to type the next blog post so whenever you do have an idea, write it down. Buy a lovely notepad just for blogging and scribble away your thoughts and ideas. I use gel pens, stickers and cute post-it notes to make mine look pretty and it makes you want to pick up that notebook to feel inspired again. You do not need to buy every single latest make-up product that releases to blog, honey! It's all about being creative and really using the products that you have and love.

Take a break: We are definitely not robots, so take a small break away from all things social media and blogging. Make a tea and read a magazine, Take a walk, make that cookie recipe you've saved in your bookmarks that you have been meaning to do. Once you come back from it all you will feel mentally refreshed and ready to start working again.

Organise: Tidy up that work space of yours! Too many things on your desk can really be distracting, so store away all those essentials and make space for a good notebook & pen with an optional mug of hot chocolate. Doing this has made me work more efficiently since I used to do everything but type that blog post! So remember girls, the less clutter, the better!

Be inspired: Now I'm not saying to copy another blogger's post but think what posts could you create? something creative? and what makes you read your favourite blogs? I usually go to Pinterest and seeing all those make-up/lifestyle images automatically makes me think of a post I could write. Recently I created a post called '90's Lovin' because I saw a Polly Pocket image and so I decided to gather some images and talk about what I loved in the 90s. I really had no idea it was going to turn out to be one of my most popular posts in the month of January! So never give up, There's always inspiration out there!

Take it easy: I know it's easy to get carried away and think that your blog is not good enough, I am so guilty of this and I was forever comparing my blog to the 'bigger' bloggers out there. It's not a race, instead just focus on creating quality content and the rest will just fall into place. I also used to watch my stats/follower count like a hawk but once you don't pay much attention that's when it increases, strange isn't it?

Zap exhaustion: When you’re tired, everything is more difficult. Sleep plays an important role in learning, memory, creativity and insights. So have an early night, have a mini pamper session, light your favourite candle or fit a nap into your schedule. Just having a few more hours of some bed rest can really work wonders on your thinking, you won't be feeling so groggy but you'll be feeling rather refreshed and ready to take on the daily blog chores.

What do you do when you have the bloggers block?

16 comments:

  1. Great tips :) I usually get overwhelmed with my "wording" while typing a post, like how to explain everything that is in my mind
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! <3 You can always type a draft and then come back to it when you are feeling refreshed ^^ xx

      Delete
  2. good tips :) I always go through stages where I leave blogging for weeks then go back and end up doing a big batch of posts

    www.beckysbeautique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 I do the same! Such a great feeling when you press that publish button after so long! ^^ x

      Delete
  3. Such good suggestions, I always find taking a little time off always helps me want to get back into it!

    Tweet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! <3 Yes! I find that really works, I start missing my blog after a while too haha <3 x

      Delete
  4. This post couldn't have come at a more perfect time! I haven't posted anything in 3 weeks and I'm feeling super guilty about it!

    confessionsofanessexgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bless! Don't feel bad <3 it's good to take time out, trust me you'll enjoy it once you return! xx

      Delete
  5. Great and such a useful post, thank you!
    https://themakeupologie.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Glad you liked it! <3 xx

      Delete
  6. I completely agree that when you start Blogging, you will always want to learn more about it everyday! I enjoy reading tips, especially that everyone has different opinions. Eventually I forget that I've been reading so much that I forget to write on my own blog haha! I liked this post, keep it up. Definitely staying tuned.

    x Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha! Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment! Thank you so much <3 glad you liked it! xx

      Delete
  7. I definitely need to get a notebook for jotting ideas down and take it with me when I'm out, didn't really think about it much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear it happens when you are doing everything else other than blogging, am sure it will work <3 I keep two notebooks, one for on the go and one at home coz you just never know! xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara