Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara*






Roller Lash mascara | £19.50*

Back in January I was lucky enough to attend the Roller Lash launch event and was given a full-sized Roller Lash mascara* in our goody bags to try out. I have used this a couple of times and now it's time to report back and tell you why you need this mascara in your life!
Benefit have really set off 2015 with a bang! Seeing as the new products Puff Off and Roller Lash already seem to be loved by many! I sure am excited to see what's next!
This new offering may well be the next favourite alongside They're Real which has become a cult product.
The mantra for this new mascara is "Hook 'n' Roll" which describes the product well since this is said to open the eyes by grabbing each lash to lift and curl whilst the specially designed formula keeps them in place for 12 hours, now that's some serious holding power!
The formulation also contains two key ingredients - Pro Vitamin B5 and Serin which are both known for their lash conditioning benefits. Not only will your lashes have that hold but they will also be treated with those fabulous ingredients.
Alongside Badgal and They're Real which is UK's No. 1 best selling mascara, Benefit have added this to their mascara family and boy! Does it not disappoint!
They're real is a firm favourite of mine so I was excited to see how Roller Lash would perform. Like all Benefit products, the packaging is a real beaut! And is inspired by retro hair rollers. What's amazing is that Benefit have been working on this mascara way before the infamous They're Real was released and alot of work went into designing this. The official stats show that over 97% of women who tested it saw that it visibly lifted the lashes, 87% said it gave a long lasting curl and a massive 94% said eyes looked more awake and I couldn't agree more! This mascara ticked all of the boxes for me and it matched all of the qualities that I look for in an ideal mascara.
At first use, I was blown away. Amazed and I just couldn't believe the length of my lashes. I applied two coats and I was left with super curled and fluttery eyelashes and without the help of an eyelash curler! The patent-pending hook design of the brush really did grab every lash. You also feel a slight tug but nothing overly uncomfortable, it's just the brush ensuring that each lash is curled and coated. I call this a 'push up bra' but for your lashes because it's not only great for girls with short lashes but it's also great for girls like me who have straight lashes and need help from an eyelash curler prior to applying any mascara. My lashes did not feel stiff nor clumpy and neither did it flake or smudge which was another huge plus! The longevity is also commendable because the mascara claims that it will stay put for 12 hours and ladies! I can confirm that this is true! I apply this in the morning, say around 10-11 ish and remove it around midnight, at the most and it just looks like you have freshly applied it. Astonishing!
Removing this is was hardly a chore, I just use my usual eye make-up remover pads and the formula gently removes away. 
I am SO impressed with this new offering from Benefit and I cannot recommend this enough! This mascara has a new firm place in my make up and those eye lash curlers of mine, well.. they're back in the drawer.

Roller Lash is not due to launch in stores until tomorrow! So only one day left guys! Also if you managed to pick up a copy of ELLE magazine, then that's great because it included a free sample of Roller Lash, I'm not too sure if the magazine is still available but if you do see it, grab it!

Have you tried Roller Lash? What are your thoughts on it?
Press sample*

40 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this mascara! I grabbed a copy of Elle to test it out and I fell in love - definitely buying the full size once my travel one's ran out!

    Chantel Dione
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you picked it up! <3 it truly is amazing stuff! Love how I don't have to spend an extra 5 mins curling my lashes with an eyelash curler! <3

      Delete
  2. I haven't picked this up because I missed the copy of Elle but everyone's raving about it! Great review x
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh man! Bet you would of liked it too! <3 it's life changing! Hehe, thank you so much lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. There's so many mixed reviews on this mascara, personally, i love it! Its amazing!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I have seen two reviews that didn't favour the mascara, the rest LOVED this! <3

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. <3 Your lashes will look oh so fluttery! ^^

      Delete
  5. I picked up this mascara in ELLE and it is now my new favourite, I am going to be buying the full size when I run out!

    Jessie | Taylormayed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My current go to mascara has been replaced too! <3 Yay! Enjoy your new purchase! <3 xx

      Delete
  6. I got my hands on the sample in Elle and so far really like this mascara. Great post xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3 so much love for this product! xx

      Delete
  7. This one has grown on me? At first I wasn't too sure but I think I just wasn't applying it very well and have since adjusted my technique! The only thing I find is that it does smudge on me, so my hunt to the perfect mascara continues xx
    www.lovedbylaura.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww maybe try waiting a few moments before applying the next coat? xx

      Delete
  8. Another glowing review? It seems like I really need this after all! ;) xx
    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried a Benefit mascara before but it sounds amazing I've seen so many fab reviews!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    p.s. My giveaway to win a Lavand dress worth £69 and some little goodies ends tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe make this one your first! :-p <3 it truly is commendable! xx

      Delete
  10. I wasn't a fan of they're real mascara but when I tried this I loved it especially for bottom lashes! lovely pictures x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love they're real but it's so hard to remove! This however was so easy to remove! <3 Aww thank you so much lovely! <3 xx

      Delete
  11. I've been trying out the sample and so far I like it. I've heard so many amazing things about it but I wouldn't say I'm absolutely mad for it. It does definitely give length and definition to the lashes but I found it was quite wet even after application (or maybe it's just my overly thick lashes haha). Great post x

    Bridie | Upon My Sleeve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could try waiting a couple of minutes in between applications? I have huge lashes and I found the formula to work quite well, it definitely is more wetter than the they're real mascara formulation but I've had no issues <3 thank you so much sweety! xx

      Delete
  12. I really like the roller lash but I find the Maybelline Lash Sensational just as good and a whole lot cheaper. x

    Unfashionable Sundays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always looking for dupes & that sounds interesting! <3 Will look into that one xx

      Delete
  13. I adore They're Real and do want to give this a go, read a few mixed reviews but on the whole they seem mostly positive!

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree there are a handful of the 'not liking it' reviews but mostly it's become a new favourite to many xx

      Delete
  14. Ohh, another good review on this! I'm a huge fan of 'They're Real' and it's my go to. I think I may see if I can grab a copy of Elle to get my travel size.

    Fadulous Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks lovelies! <3 Hope you can find a mag real quick! <3 xx

      Delete
  15. This mascara quickly became one of my favourites, I love how it separates every little lash.

    alice x | beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The brush does an excellent job! xx

      Delete
  16. I know it sounds bad but I get put off really hyped products sometimes, they seem too main stream! However I must admit I'm excited to try this in the months birchbox, I have heard some really mixed reviews!

    http://katsbeautytales.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, of course you are entitled to your own opinion! ^^ I have seen a handful of bad reviews but mostly it's all good <3 I personally love it, would love to know how you get on with it! xx

      Delete
  17. Fab review, I was exactly the same the length it gave my lashes was unreal! :) I love that it is really easy to remove also as the They’re Real mascara can be annoying to remove.

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Aww that's awesome to hear! <3 Yeah totally! xx

      Delete
  18. I'm really impressed by the Roller Lash, which is surprising as I didn't think I'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I was expecting alot since I heart they're real so much and it did live up to my expectations and beyond! xx

      Delete
  19. I've never tried this mascara, but I feel like I need it just because it look so cute!! ahahaha
    Will definitely try it later :)
    x
    http://wordsatdawn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha too right! Would love to know how you got on with it if you do purchase it! ^^ xx

      Delete
  20. I got this with a magazine as a sample & have to say I was really impressed - I've never really bought in to Benefit, but will definitely think about trying more of their products after this great experience! ❤️
    Bee xxx
    QueenBeady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I want to buy the puff off eye gel & their face powder too! It's on the wishlist <3 xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara