Sunday, 11 January 2015

REVIEW | P.S. Love Matte Long Last Lipstick






Hi Lovelies! Hope you all are well!

I have read alot of Primark beauty reviews and since most of it was positive, I picked up this rather gorgeous barbie-pink colour to try out. I was quite impressed and so I just had to review it for you all!

This particular lipstick has a matte finish, Which initially, I used to think that this would feel uncomfortable on my lips but still I decided to buy this because this is such a stunning pink that it just needed to be added into my collection. This matte lipstick actually applies and feels well. Not only that, it is also a long wearing shade which is perfect for such a statement colour and actually even more great for the price!
Sadly this particular product/colour does not have a number or a shade name which does let this product down ever so slightly and so if you do want to buy this then I would say look out for the barbie-pink shade. This shade reminds me of Mac's candy yum yum, it is some what similar and would make a great dupe for it too! This cool, blue toned medium pink will look amazing on all types of skin colours.
I have been testing this lip colour in two ways and for both ways it works just as well, Since I am not a statement lip kinda gal, I use this more as a tint. I simply dab this onto my lips until I feel my lips have gotten to a rosey-pink and using vaseline, I custom mix this to create a sheer wash of colour over the lips which can also pass as lipgloss. This is such a pigmented lip product that you really only need two applications for the colour to reach it's full potential.
This wears for atleast 3-4 hours which I think is quite amazing, seeing as this only costed £1.50! This is one of the few matte lip products that I have tried and so far so good! I can honestly say that this reaches the top of my list. I am going to pop back in Primark and get a few more shades. Lastly the packaging is also nice and I like how the bullet is housed in a gold-luxe style packaging since it makes it look more expensive than it really is. The added bonus is that you can see the shade at the bottom and that is very true to the colour it swatches. Handy for storage too since you do not need to open the lid to see the shade. I honestly cannot think of anything negative to say (except there being no shade name) but for the price this truly exceeds in quality. Well done Primark!


What do you think of this lipstick/shade? Is it something you would like to try out?

34 comments:

  1. I've some them. They are great if you are on a budget

    Danielle Mac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree and it works just as well as other higher end brands <3 x

      Delete
  2. The lipstick looks pretty good, especially at that price. May have to have a look next time I'm in Primark.

    Jen
    www.tartanbrunette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shade looks stunning, going to give some of these a try for myself!

    Francesca xo // EffStar Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Such a beautiful shade of pink <3 I am sure you are going to love it too! x

      Delete
  4. I've never tried one of their lipsticks before but I'll have a look next time I go to Primark :) This shade is really pretty! xx

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do lovely! You won't be disappointed! x

      Delete
  5. I can't believe a lipstick could be £1.50, I actually want to try this beacuse I am obsessed with matte shades but my local Primark is so bad, I doubt that they would have it.

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right!? And what's shocking is how good the quality is for that price! <3 Maybe try venturing off to bigger primarks? I bought mine from Birmingham xx

      Delete
  6. Wow what a bargain! It looks a bit like Milani Lipsticks xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I want to stock up on more! hehe! Omg I have just checked out their website and you're right! I have never tried anything from milani so I had no idea but well spotted! ^^ x

      Delete
  7. Lovely post!!!! Great photos. Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Tanya
    What makes you beautiful & bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. at £1.50 I'm totally going to have to give this lippy a go! Great post & lovely swatch!

    www.QueenBeeBecca.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! For sure! <3

      Delete
  9. I like this shade :)

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is actually gorgeous! I'll definitely be picking one up. xx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right! I know you love your pinks so this will be a great choice! x

      Delete
  11. I can't believe this is primark, I didn't even realise they did make up, how behind the times am I?! I love a barbie pink, I've got a matte lipstick like this and it lasts ages but it's so drying!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me neither! but the packaging and swatchin' in store got me sold! Aww do not worry! Atleast you know now ;-) maybe it's time you pay primark a visit? <3

      Delete
  12. This looks gorgeous!! The packaging and the bold colour is so nice I wouldn't have believed it to be Primark! Lovely post x

    kittensintophats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully agree with you! I am loving Primark's beauty range and this is just one product that I have tried and so far so good! Thank you so much lovely <3

      Delete
  13. Thats an amazing color! I looove primark!
    I love your review and the pics are great!

    I would really appreciated, if we could follow each other on BL and GFC!
    Just started following you, Waiting for you to follow back :)
    xoxo Colli // my blog - tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Let me check out your blog <3x

      Delete
    2. Thx for following sweety! Sooo happy about it!!

      Delete
    3. No problemo lovely! Love your blog too! <3xx

      Delete
  14. I never even knew that the PS. Love range at Primark had lipsticks! These look sooo good :O I'm really going to have to try them. I have to be honest I prefer red shades on me personally :)

    Amyloo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I didn't either but i am so glad because there are so many products that I want to try now that this lipstick was amazin' xx

      Delete
  15. Nice packaging who would guess primarni? Do you know what they smell and taste like btw? Nikki lipstickdrawer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Ok so I just smelt it and omg it actually smells slightly like a strawberry milkshake!!! Thank you for asking me to do this haha otherwise I wouldn't of known the scent! x

      Delete
  16. I literally would never have even looked at the Primark beauty range but I can't believe how pigmented that lipstick looks! I think I might have a peek, I tried the MUA £1 lipsticks and wasn't impressed but this looks like much better quality :)

    Hannah xx
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea either but i'm always swatchin' away, I saw this in store and just had to get it <3 I have tried a similar pink in the mua range but it was too sheer for my liking and not enough pigmentation but this one's a beaut! xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara