Thursday, 15 January 2015

REVIEW | Essence Sooo Glow! Cream To Powder Highlighter*





Hi Lovelies! Hope you all are well!

A while back I took part in the Essence's £10 make-up challenge which you can see here, and since being generously sent quite an amount of products,I was able to get familiar with the brand. One of the products that really caught my eye was this highlighter.

Now I never really used to use or own any highlighters until I saw the beautiful Hannah Maggs, she is so stunning and since she incorporates the Nars Copacabana highlighter into her make-up routine, I knew I had to a) try it out because it makes her look so dewy and fresh b) highlighters can really be your best friend by helping you achieve that 'outer glow' also perfect to use for ill/tired days.

Product description:
Glamour glow! The Essence Soo Glow highlighter gives your complexion a beautiful shimmer. Its creamy texture turns into a velvety, powdery formula upon application. easy to apply with your fingers, it sets gorgeous accents on your cheekbones, underneath the brows or in the inner corners of your eyes.

This Essence highlighter has not left my make-up bag ever since, this is my new not-so secret weapon because I am now sharing my to-go to product with you all!
For £2.80 you are getting 4g of product which actually sounds like a really small amount but seeing as I have been using this daily I have not yet hit pan and this stuff is really pigmented so you only really need a small amount. The highlighter comes housed in a surprisingly sturdy plastic compact. There is no mirror/brush just the actual product.
The shade that I was sent - 20 Bright up your life* is a beautiful icy light pink with shimmers and tiny glitters. This shade is actually so similar to Nars Copacabana! Now this makes me a very happy girl, since I did want to purchase the Nars one but costing at £22.50 it is not exactly a purse friendly option.
The formulation is oh so creamy! This literally blends like a dream and it allows you to use as little/more as you please since the product is not in bottle or tube, there is no wastage.
This highlighter has the right amount of colour and shimmers to make you look dewy. I can reassure you that using this will not make you look like a disco ball. Adding this into my make-up routine has been the best decision yet! I honestly don't know why I didn't use a highlighter before! This can really transform your look and add dimension to your make-up.

I have to say this is one of really good highlighters from Essence. I love the fact that the shimmer is pretty subtle and I love the very easy to use formula. It's a fool proof. You just dip your finger in, dab it onto the skin and blend away. The lasting power is better than average too, lasts a good 4+ hours or even more! Well done Essence, you have done it again! I truly recommend this for all you highlighter newbies or even for those who use highlighters religiously.

Available here - link

Have you tried this highlighter from Essence?

24 comments:

  1. Looks lovely!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I agree and the swatch is even more stunning!

      Delete
  2. It looks very cute, I don't use higlighter but I'm thinkins is should
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same but highlighters can really help, I say try it out! <3

      Delete
  3. This highlighter is gorgeous, I have it myself and didn't expect such quality :)
    Passing Fancy​

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely to hear! such a creamy product, just can't get enough of it! May have to stock up on it! Haha x

      Delete
  4. I still haven't tried any Essence products, but this sounds amazing! Such a good price too :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You most definitely need to try both this highlighter and the essence brand, I am loving it so far! <3

      Delete
  5. that's a lovely highlighter indeed c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I know right! Love at first sight it was! <3

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of this but ive heard these cream ones are supposed to be really good, may have to give it a try! x

    heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What makes this product good is the texture and ability to blend like a dream! I agree cream based highlighters are good since i found it to be easy to work with :) Hope you try this one out real soon! <3

      Delete
  7. Essence isn't a brand I've tried, but I've heard so many good things about their things. Totes going to pick this up asap! Do you recommend anything else?

    Francesca xo // EffStar Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure you are going to LOVE it! <3 that's great to hear! I also love their blush up blushers, so pigmented and it has a ombre effect which looks stunning too! I am still in the process of trying out more make-up from Essence but so far so good! <3

      Delete
  8. Keen to give this one a try, great post!
    Savannah // www.zolablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3 I'm pretty sure that once you use this, you will not look back <3

      Delete
  9. That pink highlighter looks so stunning. I love anything with a shimmer and glow. I don't like makeup too overpowering either so the subtleness sounds good! :) xx

    NIKIMINT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 me too! Magpie alert haha ^^ I agree, make-up should be used to enhance your features not to mask anything up :) xx

      Delete
  10. Never heard of these before but they look amazing and so pigmented xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essence is one brand that I have been loving at the moment and I also did not know about it but I am so glad that I do now because they have some amazing products! One of which is this <3

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. It truly is <3 I honestly could not even find a flaw ^^

      Delete
  12. I just bought one and so excited to try it out. Thanks for the review. I think I'll like mine, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's fab! <3 You'll definitely LOVE it! xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara