Wednesday, 21 January 2015

REVIEW | Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick In 23 Rose Petal*






Hi lovelies, Hope you all are well!

You just cannot have enough pink lipsticks in your life and carrying on with the spring theme from the previous Clarins review, I have the latest addition to the Joli Rouge collection for Spring 2015 to review and it does not disappoint.

Product Description:

This lipstick combines the transparent colour and shine of a lip gloss with the creamy texture of a lipstick. A unique extreme shine Maxi Lip Complex helps plump and hydrate for full, soft and supple lips, while the deeply moisturising and long-wearing formula provides the benefits of a balm with lip care ingredients.
The "Extreme Shine" MaxiLip Complex with: Mango Butter : for nourishment and shine. Renewing Tripeptide: for fuller lips. "Shine booster" pigments: for a multi-coloured effect.

I was sent the Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in 23 Rose Petal* and my oh my what a stunning shade of pink!
There are 2 new shades for Spring – 22 Coral Dahlia and 23 Rose Petal.
This soft pink shade is infused with silver micro glitter to give it a light sheen on the lips. I would describe this as a 'light candy pink'
The packaging is simply stunning, quite a piece of luxury, if I had to describe it. The bullet is encased in a rather sleek silver case that not only screams class but also perfection.
I have not tried a Joli Rouge lipstick before but from what I do know, the formulation is very moisturising and it's the perfect blend of a lip balm and a lipstick.
This particular shade can deliver a sheer wash of colour to a full coverage candied pink shade. The swatch in the image shown is what the colour looks like after many applications. Quite a versatile lip product since you can control the amount of colour you want to wear. What I love about this particular lipstick is that it has a lip balm feel, which makes it very comfortable on the lips and not forgetting to mention how easy the colour is to wear since you do not really need to look into a mirror to apply this.
My lips feel super soft and hydrated and that's due to the lovely ingredient - mango butter!
In term of wear-age, I am able to get two hours before having the need to reapply. Not bad at all!
Since there are mini glitters in the formulation, it can feel a little gritty but not too much that it is unbearably uncomfortable, My lips do look fuller too, this could be due to the glitter/glossy finish so this does balance it out.

All in all, a princess lipstick (as I would call it) should be given a swatch if you're out and about because I quite love this! Not forgetting to mention it also smells like raspberries! Using this makes my lips soft and hydrated and gives the illusion of fuller looking lips, What's not to love?

Check it out here | £19* each - link

What do you think of this new addition to the Joli Rouge collection?

8 comments:

  1. wow! what a pretty shade that is! perfect for summer!


    oliviamulhearn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! It makes me forget this cold weather... brrr <3

      Delete
  2. They look like gorgeous lipsticks! x
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Such a drool worthy product from Clarins <3 really loved their spring collection this year ^^

      Delete
  3. I completely agree I own wayyyyyy too many pink lipsticks, but I just love them hehe. This sounds like such a lovely lipstick, I haven’t actually tried Clarins yet so must give them a shot :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad i'm not the only one <3 haha! This is my first ever clarins lippie and honestly speaking, I wish I discovered them sooner! x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara