Monday, 12 January 2015

Lifestyle | Anya's 1st







Hi Lovelies! Hope you all are well!

So last week I was invited to what I would call 'party of the year' A dear friend of mine was celebrating her daughter's first birthday and it really got me thinking because I remember seeing Anya so small and already she's a year old! Crazy how time flies and you see all these cute kids blossom and grow.
It had been a while since I last attended any birthday party and I have to admit I had so much fun! I just love kiddy parties because not only is the food and cake great but you get to become a kid again which in such a busy life nowadays it's good to have a break away from hectic routines and such.

Cutting the cake was one of the highlights of the evening, The guests were greeted with a cutely '1' designed cake with fresh cream and pink roses. Seeing the sparklers and capturing the kid's faces was priceless. 
We then settled down to eat some scrummy food, Asian food to be precise alongside other snacks and munchies were on the menu.
Whilst chatting away with family members we then finally got to eat the birthday cake! I love cake. Fact and birthday cakes are the best! Who agrees with me?

After having a little relaxation time and feeling full from all that food it was time for some party games and pass the parcel was played which is one of my favourite games from childhood. I actually won one of the parcels and the other was gifted to me though I felt shy to accept it. I won a sleeping mask which I think will be quite handy for travelling so I will keep that in my handbag at all times and I was gifted this rather fun girly nail set with glitter decor which I might even review soon. It was such a fun experience and I certainly did feel like a kid again.
Hours passed and then we decided to go home, on the way out we was gifted some rainbow themed goody bags and I got to take some balloons for my lil baby. 
Quite a delightful family affair, with loads of colours, food and fun!

What do you love about birthday parties?

12 comments:

  1. nice pics :)

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! I'd love a party like this now! Happy birthday to her! x

    http://kirstiepickering1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Me too! Would love to be a kid again! Will pass your wishes to her ;-p

      Delete
  3. I want everything on the sweets and snacks table! Kids party food is the best!

    Alice x
    thesmalldesk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha <3 I know right?! Best munchies ever! Though I was too full on cake ^^ I definitely agree <3

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh! Looks so fun! I miss having birthday parties the way we did when we were kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe <3 It was soo fun! Aww definitely nothing beats old school parties <3

      Delete
  5. Honestly my favorite part of birthday parties is the food and cake (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anya is soo cute! I'm craving cake now :(
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara