Friday, 30 January 2015

Essence Get BIG Lashes Mascara* Review







Hi Lovelies, hope you all are well!

If you know me well, you'll know that I have to have two things on a daily basis and they are: caffeine and mascara, lots of mascara.
I have been testing out a few mascaras lately and this one seems to be the one I reach out to the most.

Product description:
Curly lashes! the large, curved fiber brush offers maximum volume, a gorgeous curl and thickens your lashes while the black texture ensures an intensive look.

As always I have to start by talking about the packaging, I am quite liking the bold red look since this does catch your eye, coupled with the yellow lettering, this mascara is very pop art colour-esque. Quite a fun packaging and I am liking the jumbo sized mascara and wand as this can only mean some serious volume boosting for your lashes!
Essence Get BIG! Lashes Volume Curl Mascara features a large, curved, fiber brush that offers maximum volume, curl and helps to thicken the lashes. The over-sized wand has a ton of bristles, with a wet and lightweight formula. This has the blackest formula which really ensures an intense, extremely pigmented look. It makes each lash look denser with more volume, while adding a ton of length and holds a curl throughout the day (it really does!) It doesn't smudge nor flake. Fist pump.
It's too good to be true.
Yet again the quality exceeds the price, why am I not surprised since this isn't the first make-up product from Essence that I have really liked. This is so inexpensive and it meets the likes of the much higher branded mascaras available.
I heart the brush. It really does grip the lashes allowing it to reach it's full potential and since the curve shaped brush follows the shape of your eyes it really does grip and volumise your lashes. Though the formulation seems a bit wetter than other mascaras, I have had no clumping but more of a defined look and of course you can build up the intensity of the volume by simply coating your lashes twice. I find this is enough to make your lashes look longer and fuller. Like I said before, Essence is a brand that I have really been enjoying and I cannot recommend this brand enough! It's love but in make-up form.

Check it out here - link & available to buy here - £2.30*/ link

What do you think of this mascara? Is it something you would want to try out?

20 comments:

  1. £2.30!!! Bargain! I love those kind of brushes - they are my fave. Defo be having a look on the website x

    gillmclaughlin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bargain of the century I think hehe! <3 Me too! I'm sure there will be more than one thing in your shopping basket ;-) x

      Delete
  2. Sounds amazing! I gonna buy that little sweetie!
    Amazing brush!!

    xoxo Colli // tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 It sure is, the quality is just amazing, no clumping! x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review, I really like Essence mascaras :) x

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem lovely! <3 This is only my first ever try at using a essence mascara and I am already impressed, must try more! Which one's your fave? x

      Delete
  4. sounds good and it looks cute as well:-) might have to try this out, especially with that price, haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree <3 Such an eye catching product I think! Yeah and the good thing is that you can buy a couple in one go if you happen to be a fan of this x

      Delete
  5. This sounds great and such an affordable price!!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great for the budget buyers don't you think?! <3 perfect for students who want to buy a little beauty treat xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like an amazing mascara! I havent tried any essence products apart from the lip liners, but they sound as though they have some lovely products!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heart their lip liners too! <3 Definitely do check these guys out because I know you won't be leaving empty handed. Essence make-up is spot on! <3 x

      Delete
  7. That brush! Wow! This sounds amazing, I've been after a new mascara so will definitely be giving this a try, it's such a bargain too! xx
    Vanity Fairest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Such a MEGA big brush ^^ Would love to know your thoughts if you do try/review it too! x

      Delete
  8. This is such a bargain! That brush is a bit crazy though I would end up smudging it all around my eyes lol.

    www.KatHorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha <3 I know it looks HUGE but surprisingly it is ok to handle ^^ x

      Delete
  9. Lots of mascara is definitely a daily need haha <3 This one is so cheap, I'll have to check it out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Gotta have different types too haha, definitely do! <3 x

      Delete
  10. I just love Essence and I really want to try this mascara :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara