Thursday, 8 January 2015

90s Lovin'





Hi Lovelies! Hope you all are well!

Since being born in the 90s, I often think back into my childhood and try to recall the things that I used to love. I wanted to document some products here and share them with you all so that you too can enjoy and remember these. A definite blast from the past. I have also compiled some pins on Pinterest (my gosh that is one addicitve site) *promote own link here* and found these! I really miss these items the most and really wish they were available again!

Polly Pocket
I really remember owning quite a few compacts and Pollys and a part of me really wishes that I should of kept them because I only just realised how stunning and pretty the compacts actually look! I just love the jewel toned colours and how Polly Pocket used to be. I know it still exists now but it doesn't look as pretty or collectable as it used to be. Lucky for those who still have held onto theirs!

Stick On Earrings
What a sight! This really made me remember the days when I used to collect so many of these cutely pastel coloured jewellery. I used to beg my mom to buy me sets of these often since I was quite a girly girl. I was forever playing with these and I still love and miss this concept.

Mood Rings
Collecting everything that changed colour fascinated me as a kid. Not only do I remember buying mood rings but also earrings and necklaces. I used to actually believe the mood stated on the packaging and just be amazed at the forever changing colours.


I really hope that you enjoyed this blast from the past lifestyle post as much as I enjoyed typing it up and featuring my most missed items from the 90s. So tell me what do you miss from the 90s?

22 comments:

  1. Wow. These bring back some memories. I wish I had of kept all my stuff now too. You don't really appreciate these sorts of things at such a going age. X

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Back then it was just a normal thing to have, now looking back I miss it all! xx

      Delete
  2. Pauly pocket blast from the past

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polly Pockets were by far my favourite toys growing up! I used to get one every time we went on holiday to keep me occupied, and I've built up quite a collection too! But by far my favourite sets like those were the ones that were Disney, with the princess castles and the movie scenes with the little toy characters. Ohh how good it was to be little!

    Jem, Jem's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I was never that much of a fan of Disney but I do remember those too <3 I know, being little was so much fun! xx

      Delete
  4. OMG Polly Pocket, I had so many of them - must have been the start of my addiction to miniatures. I do sometimes wish I'd kept more of my childhood toys but then I think about where on earth I would put everything.
    Jen
    www.tartanbrunette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! But knowing me i would of hoarded it and displayed it somewhere haha! <3 Would of looked so pretty on my dresser xx

      Delete
  5. Yep had all of these, I remember getting the ear stickers from a magazine. Love the post, hope you do more in 90s style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes! Wish I remembered the name of the mag tho! Thank you so much! <3 x

      Delete
    2. OMG! I think that's the one! <3

      Delete
  6. Love this post! I had totally forgotten about Polly Pockets! One of my faves from the 90s was peel off nail varnish!! I wish that was still around too... haha. Lucy, aspectatorsport.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! <3 OMG! I forgot about those!!! Loved those too! xx

      Delete
  7. I remember Polly Pocket! I was just talking about it the other day when I was playing Lego with my daughter. And not to forget the stick on earrings, told my daughter about them too and she wanted to stick them on. I used to stick them on my nose as a nose stud! lol. And Mood Rings, it was always fun to see the colour changing and I remember we would tell each other things like 'you're sad because you're ring has gone dark!' lol Love this post, you've taken me back to some lovely childhood memories.xx

    Do you remember My Little Pony, Ring Pops and Push Pops and Tamagochis too?

    Those were the days xx

    www.lovehijabgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool! Aww bless! <3 haha! Thank you so much for such a lovely comment! glad you like this post! Omg! yes how could i forget those!? Loved my little pony so much too! x

      Delete
  8. This post couldn't describe better my childhood! I kept a Polly Pocket compact and mood rings but I have no idea where they are at the moment haha and I remember that I always got the stickes from magazines! Good times... :)

    Fashionably Sparkly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely to hear! Ahh! lucky you!!! If i were you i would look for it asap, really wish i had kept mine! sad times :( but glad you enjoyed this post <3

      Delete
  9. Oh my Gosh I now want to go stock up on Polly Pockets!! My favourite toy from the 90s were Sky Dancers (you know the ones where you pulled the string and the doll went flying around the room, usually aimed right at my big sisters head haha)...we actually almost bought one last week for nostalgia sake but they didn't have a purple one in stock :-(. xx

    loveandotherawesomestuff.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol <3 what a comment! Haha i know right! I myself wants to rebuy some polly pockets too ^^ Omg I remember those! Except I wasn't allowed one lol x

      Delete
  10. Polly Pockets were amazing, I'd forgotten how much I loved them! Looking back, I really wish I'd kept mine too :( As someone who was never allowed to get their ears pierced I lived in stick-on earrings as well, although they'd fall off about twenty times a day!
    Great post, I feel so nostalgic now! x

    www.jeblogue.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that i'm not the only one who didn't theirs! Really wish i did. Haha! Tell me about it! Loved the pastel coloured ones the most <3 happy to hear that you loved this post! <3 xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara