Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Essence £10 Make-Up Challenge







Hi Lovelies! Hope you all are well!

This post is definitely for all you Essence Lovers out there because I recently took part in a challenge which was so much fun!
I was challenged by Essence Cosmetics to create a look that was within the £10 mark with all of the make-up that was kindly sent over. It sure was fun to swatch and try out so many other products which I had not yet tried from the brand. 
It was a difficult task since I wanted to incorporate so many products into my look and the prices of all of the products was quite amazing! It is all so affordable and not forgetting to mention how cute everything looks.

So the products I decided to go for are: Get BIG! LASHES Volume CURL Mascara £2.29*, Kajal Eyeliner £0.99*, Silky Touch Blush £2.49*, Soo Glow! Cream To Powder Highlighter £2.79* and XXXL Shine Lipgloss £1.79* In total my look costed £10.35, so I was just a bit over the limit but not bad at all! Considering you get five products for the price and you can easily buy a whole look's worth of make-up

The products I chose were similar to other products I would use on a daily basis. Think flawless and dewy base with defined eyes.
So first up I chose the Get BIG! LASHES Volume CURL Mascara*. I was instantly attracted to this cutely designed mascara. The colours and fonts used on this particular product makes you want to try it out. I love the curved wand of the brush since this ensured that my lashes were coated thoroughly and evenly. I felt that my lashes looked much more defined. I did achieve volume but not an immense amount that I have previously achieved with other mascaras. I see this more of a daily use mascara for day make-up looks rather than a evening out/special occasion product.
Next is the Kajal Eyeliner*. This basic eyeliner did the job well(ish). It did not tug my eye area, it also was quite long wearing and it was easy to smudge on my upper and lower lash line but the pigmentation let this product down since it needed to be reapplied so this product was kind of a hit and miss.
The Silky Touch Blush* was a product that instantly wowed me. The beautiful hot pink is a shade I would actually buy and wear. The design imprinted onto the actual blush pigment makes the product look much more interesting and the pigmentation is amazing! I found it to match the likes of a Mac blusher! You only need to use a little bit since the impact of the colour is immense and it lasts long too! Win!
The Soo Glow! Cream To Powder Highlighter is one of my favourite products now and is currently in my make-up bag. The creamy consistency allows you to blend the product well and it definitely adds the 'glow factor' onto your skin. A perfect little skin pick me up for when your skin is looking dull. Great pigmentation and this particular shade reminds me of the Nars Copacabana highlighter but in compact form!
Lastly I finished off my look with a slick of XXXL Shine Lipgloss* I adored this milky nude pink shade since it looked natural and the tiny glitters/shimmers helped give the illusion of fuller looking lips. A easy product to use and by no means sticky or uncomfortable on the lips. I really liked this lip product and I even found it to last long too!

Overall, I think the Essence brand is cute, affordable and well worth a look and try! You can buy Essence products from Wilkinsons or from the stand alone counter in the Manchester Arndale or at Westfield Hammersmith.


What do you think of my look/chosen products?

This post contains PR samples*

16 comments:

  1. This was a great post to read! Essence make up is so affordable! x

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed reading this post! <3 I agree! Cheap as chips :) x

      Delete
  2. Very nice! ::)


    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Im always on a budget so it's good to see people being able to find such good buys .

    Amy, www.floralblush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you liked this post, I love budget beauty finds and essence has some lovely make-up bits x

      Delete
  4. Oooooh I think I am gonna have to try this challenge as I want to try some more products from the brand X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me you're gonna <3 essence cosmetics! Such a cute & a affordable brand xx

      Delete
  5. I love essence. Such a bargain. Great look
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap! Sometimes it's great to use such cheap and cheerful products that actually works just as well as higher brands x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. You definitely should! <3 You'll be hooked! x

      Delete
  7. Fab read hun, I have to admit I've never tried any essence products yet! I've never seen then in stores before? Looks like a lovely budget brand though, thanks for sharing your challenge!

    Roxie x
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed reading this post! Check out Wilkinsons if not then online, I have put a link above ;) xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara