Wednesday, 10 December 2014

DIY | How To Make Glitter Playdough





Hi Lovelies! Hope you all are well!

Who remembers playing with Playdough when they were young? I certainly do and since browsing the DIY section on Pinterest (my new addiction), I came across the recipe to make your very own glittery play dough and the inner magpie in me wanted to give this a go and guess what! It is very easy to make and with ingredients that are readily available in your own home. So let me share with you the recipe that involves only 5 ingredients.

To make your own glitter play dough, you will need:

1 cup of flour
1 cup of salt
1/2 cup of water
food colouring of your choice
glitter colour of your choice

I combined the flour and salt first, then added in the water. I started to bind the dough together. If you feel that the dough is too sticky then add a bit more flour into the mix and that should sort it out or if the dough is too dry then add a splash of water. The end result should be a bouncy and a moldable dough. I then added a few drops of blue food colouring and somehow it managed to turn into a lilac colour, either way I quite like it and decided to keep it this colour but you can choose any colour you want and get really creative with it. Finally I sprinkled alot of my favourite gold holographic craft glitter onto the dough and kneaded it out. 
There you have it! A easy to make play dough that will be a hit with the girls and even us grown ups! You also do not need to worry about the glitter in the dough, since the dough locks in all of the glitter, it will not leave a messy trail. So no clean up is required! This is a lovely little activity to do with your lil ones and the best bit? You can also store this dough in a container for another rainy day play.

Hope you enjoyed reading this small DIY post, I really enjoyed writing and making the dough. I will be posting more DIY related posts in the future!

What do you think of my homemade play dough recipe? Is it something that you would want to try out?

8 comments:

  1. When I was teaching I would make glittery playdough with my class and they loved it! You can also add food flavouring such as vanilla essence to give it a nice scent. I did read a recipe for edible playdough online in the past which would also be fun to make. Great post! xxx

    Kirsty - Effortlessly Excessive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww wow! That sounds awesome! Will look into that too! x

      Delete
  2. My niece is going to absolutely love this!!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure she definitely will! Have fun! <3 x

      Delete
  3. You gave me an idea for my daughter, thanks! Hahaha, lovely post <3

    thisblogbelongstosabi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww no problem at all! <3 Thank you so much! Glad you liked the post! x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara