Wednesday, 12 November 2014

New Mommy Make-Up Routine


Hi Lovelies! Hope you all are well!

So the month of October was quite a life changing one since our lil bundle of joy arrived at the end of the month which meant the start of new mommy duties for me. I have also found that I have been multi-tasking alot and that's what us women do really well and so I wanted to share with you my new make-up routine and what products work well in terms of longevity and some new daily favourites.
First up is the Benefit Porefessional Primer which really ensures that my make-up stays put all the time, handy since time is so limited now for the usual touch ups and since guests are always visiting and the last thing I should worry about is how my make-up is looking. I then turn to my all time favourite concealer - Maybelline fit me which covers up all my blemishes and the darkness around my eyes. I find that this concealer lasts really long and it certainly does brighten up the eye area and lastly for the face I finish off with a light dusting of Mineral Veil by Bare Minerals, this sets my make-up beautifully and mattifies my skin.
Moving onto the eyes, I quickly line my upper and lower lashline with the dark grey Dr Hauschka eye pencil and blend it out with the sponge applicator provided and coat my lashes with two generous coats of the amazing They're Real Mascara by Benefit. I really enjoy grooming and shaping my brows so the Gimme Brow Gel by Benefit keeps them in place and it really helps to frame my face too!
I like to add accents of pink into my make-up palette so my favourite blusher from Mac - Dollymix really adds vitality and colour back onto my complexion and seeing as the pigment is long lasting,it really helps since you do not really need to touch up at all. Lastly I finish off my look with a coat of my favourite MUA lipstick which is a beautiful barbie pink shade, this lipstick is not only a great bargain but it is uber moisturising and gives a lovely pink tint to the lips. 
I love using all of these products simply because after testing out many products, I find that these eight make-up items go well with my new busy lifestyle and seeing as it all lasts long I do not need to keep re-applying. I usually aim to do my make-up in five minutes but it can sometimes take ten, either way I certainly do take a lil time out to do my daily routine and let me assure all you new mommies or existing mommies out there, it is possible to look and feel great amidst all the running around doing baby/house chores.

New mommies! What is your make-up routine like? Comment below I would love to know!

6 comments:

  1. Great blog♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your little one! :) The dollymix blush looks so pretty!

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats girl! You have some lovely products, im loving they're real mascara!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the baby! I like your makeup picks; it's nice to have a set of products that you know work well for you! I really want to try the Fit Me concealer. :)

    Sam | www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new bundle of joy! And do I spy NYX cream blush? That's my absolute favorite! (ps thanks for linking up with The Collective!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara