Wednesday, 24 September 2014

THE EDIT | Minimal Make-Up.



Minimal make-up is a look I have been using alot recently and it's perfect for days when you just need a quick pick me up to enhance your natural features rather than making you look like you've made that extra effort. This is great for days when you need to go run some errands, sick days and it can even be your daily routine. I always use this look because I not only feel comfortable in my own skin but I also think that it is great as a speedy make-up routine which I am sure I will be using once the little one arrives. Having a clean base is not only an essential but a necessity so I first moisturise my freshly washed skin and apply some Benefit's The Porefessional all over my face just so my pores can be reduced and that my make-up has something to 'hold' onto as this makes the look last much longer and so you also achieve an even base to work upon. Next up using my trusty Nanshy Flawless Foundation Brush I apply my much loved Bare Minerals foundation in Light. There is just something about mineral make up that I really find satisfying and paired with the Nanshy brush, it is like the ultimate duo because the foundation really covers EVERYTHING and the brush really helps to buff the product into the skin beautifully. My skin looks flawless within moments. Next up I reach out to one of my most used and favourite concealers of all time - Fit Me by Maybelline in #20, I can totally understand why this has been named a dupe for the Nars creamy concealer because it has such a creamy consistency which helps to cover up any flaws and the longevity is remarkable, for a high street product that is! I now turn to the beautiful limited edition Opalescence Face and Blush palette by Clarins and sweep the finely milled powder all over my face to take away possible shine and to set my make-up once more. The last product I use for my complexion is Revlon's Photoready Cream Blusher in Flushed Rougissant #200 and I adore this product and colour! A stunning fuchsia pink which instantly adds vitality to my look. I also like to pat this product onto my lips and use it as a lip tint. A multi-use product that blends like a dream and has incredible colour pay off?? what more could a girl want?! Now onto the eyes! Using my MUA Brow Kit in Medium, I fill in my brows and shade them in lightly just so they look more defined and groomed. I believe no look is complete until your brows are in proper shape and are filled in just so they are not looking sparse and untidy. My secret weapon for tired eyes is my trusty Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude I love this because it isn't as harsh as a white liner, this instantly makes me look awake for when I'm feeling rushed or ill. Just simply line your waterline with this and you'll see the difference. Lastly my minimal make-up look is finished off by using the MUA Mascara in Shade #4 Brown because black can seem too harsh for this look and you really just need some definition and a teeny bit of volume to really open out your lashes, This looks really natural, hence why brown mascaras are a must for just minimalistic looks.

These were my go-to products for a natural no make-up but make-up look, what's yours?


2 comments:

  1. I love the Rimmel flesh toned liner, deffantly makes me look more awake!

    Over on my blog I am having a Real Techniques, YSL and Barry M giveaway, if you want to enter

    http://milliecbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/real-techniques-ysl-and-barry-m-giveaway.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the rimmel liner, its awesome and it isn't as harsh as a white liner.
    Liz
    50Shadesoflizxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara