Monday, 29 September 2014

REVIEW | NYX Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil In 604 Milk*





I am completely new to NYX Cosmetics and when I was sent over these lovely three products to test out (link), I couldn't decide which one to review in detail first. After having a good play around I decided to review this 'hero product' - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk* NYX claim this product to be loved by nearly everyone! From bloggers to make-up artists, this one pencil seems to have taken everyone's hearts and I knew I had to see for myself what the hype was all about. Looking at this eye pencil it definitely is an informative product and not forgetting to mention you get a good grip when handling this product. I tend to steer clear of chunkier make-up products simply because of the weight or the inability of the product to define anything. So far so good because I am able to use the product with much ease. The shade is a brilliant white, just like a 'hollywood smile' and whilst swatching this I was purely amazed at how pigmented it was and how bright it looked too, and at this stage I totally fell in love with this eye pencil and I can see why there is a hype behind this. The texture is very creamy and very far from being chalk-like which you can find in other pencils. This glided across my eyes very easily without the occasional tug and pull which can be very discomforting. After thoroughly testing this pencil out I had one thing to do and that was to conduct a little experiment with some eyeshadow colours, this pencil has been said to be a brilliant product as an eye base too so this meant that if your eyeshadows were not looking as pigmented, you can use this prior to any eyeshadow application to enhance the colour and to even make the pigment last longer too. From the swatch above you can see that this NYX pencil really did that! The baby pink and midnight blue eyeshadow colours were really 'amped up' and notice that the pigment really stuck onto the swatch, meaning that any loose pigment around the swatch was barely noticeable. Wow, Just Wow! Imagine the staying power of the eyeshadows with the white base too, I can predict a really good wear time, probably until you have to physically remove it. I cannot recommend this eye pencil enough and now I am left searching for more colours to try out since you can never have enough coloured eye pencils. NYX you have yourself a new fan!

Check it out here / link - £5.00*
Have you tried this product out before? What were your thoughts on it?

This post contains press samples.

2 comments:

  1. This is on my wishlist! Can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted this for ages and it's a shame we don't have NYX in the UK :(. Can't wait to try it one day though. Great post! X
    http://nonfictionbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara