Thursday, 18 September 2014

REVIEW AND SWATCHES | Essence Blush Up! Powder Blush In 20 Pinky Flow*







Blushers have always been a firm favourite of mine, I rotate my blushers daily depending on my mood and choosing from a range of pinks, corals and reds is always fun since it gives such a healthy and radiant glow to my complexion. When I was sent an array of products to try from Essence, which you can read here I found myself reaching out to this blusher alot and let's just say being impressed is an understatement. I LOVE this and it currently sits looking proud in my ever growing collection. 
It sure is nice to see the ombre trend being incorporated into cosmetics, it just looks so pretty. This Essence blush in #20 pinky flow is a one toned blush with an ombre effect. The dark pink effortlessly gradates to a much cuter and bubblegum like pink, the fading really is nicely done.
One of the things that has really impressed me is the pigmentation, if you see the swatches on my wrist in the images above you can really see the impact of the colours without having to layer it on. You can easily create many looks with just this one blusher. Either choose to swirl your brush so that you get a mixture of pinks or apply each colour separately each time.
I have found blush up to be an incredibley smooth product, the texture is just so silky and an absolute dream to apply, So far I have been using the lighter side of the pink spectrum which you can also see in the last image and it seems to have given a healthy sheen-like glow to my cheeks which I have to admit I am loving. No need for highlighters then... The bizarre thing is that I am unable to notice any shimmer or glitter in the actual pigment so this is great for anyone who wants to achieve the dewy look without the help of any shimmer or glitter which can look OTT. 
The longevity is amazing! I was able to get a good 5-7 hours wear time out of this and I didn't even have to re-apply during the day. To be honest you do not even need to pack so much product onto your brush to achieve the full on effect, just using light brush strokes ensures that the colour is applied evenly and with the right amount too.
This blusher is available at all Wilko stores and I highly recommend it! It is such an affordable product and you can achieve so many looks from just this one blusher. So far so good Essence! 

Check it out here | Link | £3.50*

Have you tried this or any other blushers out from Essence before?

*This product was sent to me, however all opinions are my own. I was not paid for this review

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely pink shade, would love to try it out <3 Nice review <3


    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So affordable and i love the look of this shade!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty shade! I need to try some Essence soon! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara