Sunday, 10 August 2014

REVIEW | Baby Lips In Pink Punch.






And so I finally caved in and bought myself a baby lips... Whilst browsing in boots I saw the 3 for 2 offer (which is still on!) for all Maybelline products and I thought why not since I 'needed' another product to test out and I am a huge collector of lip balms and salves.

Product description:

No more basic lip balm.Our exclusive formula moisturises lips for a full 8 hours with SPF20 lip protection balm.

Available in 6 varieties - Hydrate, Peach Kiss, Pink Punch, Cherry Me, Mint Fresh and Intense Care.
New Baby Lips lip balm from Maybelline New York gives intense care and 8 hour hydration, and is nourishing for baby soft lips. Its clinically tested formula has a hint of colour and leaves lips feeling soft and smooth.

The packaging is adorable, some may think it looks cheap/tacky but I certainly think that the colour schemes of all of the baby lips makes it a whole lot easier to find in your make-up bag plus it brightens up your contents too!
These balms may not be heavily pigmented but they sure do deliver the perfect sheer wash of colour to the lips. Pink punch is a gorgeous cool-toned pink that actually looks lovely on the lips, alot more than I had initially expected. The colour seemed to have given me that rosy/au naturale look without the effort which I loved!
Texture wise, this glides onto the lips so effortlessly without feeling waxy/stiff, The consistency is neither heavy nor greasy but pleasant and comfortable without any heaviness. I did however feel that the product just 'sat' on my lips and this could be due to the fact that it contains petroleum which is also found in vaseline, in one way it's good because the longevity is a bit more than a usual lip balm but it does not really treat chapped or cracked lips because it is unable to penetrate. I did however feel that my lips were hydrated and moisturised but definitely not up to the claimed 8 hour mark, for me I would say maybe 2-3 hours at the most before having to re-apply.
Pink punch smells AMAZING! Almost like a tropical fruit punch and it certainly does live up to the name. It instantly reminds me of hot summer days so that's advantageous for days when it may not be so summery.
Overall I don't think baby lips is the next revolutionary product but having said that there are many plus points, one being a great travel, purse and even money friendly product to the decent amount of pigmentation that this particular shade delivers. It also contains SPF, shea butter and it's paraben free but the only downside that I can find is that it is not able to treat the lips if chapped or cracked. So if you are looking for a fun and easy product then I say check these out since baby lips are good for when your lips just need a hydration and a colour boost.

Check it out here - link/£2.99
Do you own any baby lips & what are your thoughts on this product?

5 comments:

  1. I have to say when I tried the ordinary baby lips, I wasn't all too impressed as I don't feel like it did anything other than dry out my lips. Think these new ones would be better as it gives a sheer wash of colour which looks pretty!

    Alicia (LissyBeauty)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to resist them just because of the colourful packaging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of Babylips, yet to try this one x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the baby lips and also the baby skin primer. I have never tried this colour though as I don't think pink suits me.

    www.ellenwarnerxo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to pick up these new shades, and keep forgetting! This one looks gorgeous, I love the colour :)

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment on my blog!

    Laura ♥ | http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/
    Bloglovin' | Google + | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara