Sunday, 20 July 2014

REVIEW | Superdrug's Tropical Smoothie Self-Heating Mask ✎




Face masks are always a must buy in my books, I have tried clay, peel off and cream but the one type of mask that I had not tried was a self heating one. I was very skeptical towards the benefits of a heated mask but then when I was at Superdrug and saw the offer they had on their own branded masks I just had to pick this one up to try, would of been rude not to.

Product description: Turn up the heat! With a tropical blend of apricot, peach and mango oils
Superdrug's Tropical Smoothie Self-Heating Mask warms up to open pores for a deep down cleanse, while the fruit oils help to nourish and hydrate the skin - leaving skin peachy soft.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Paraben Free
How to use: Splash face with warm water and leave wet. Gently massage the mask into your face avoiding the lip and eye area. Embrace the warming effect for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. Use regularly.
I have tried and loved Montagne Jeunesse masks but I wanted to branch out and try other brands so this was the perfect time to try out a mask and talk about it to you lovely people because I have found a hidden gem of a mask.
Once I opened the sachet, the incredible scent of mango,apricot and peach oils were released and it was such a delight to smell. It smelt like a yummy smoothie and in no way did it smell artificial. 
I applied this all over my face, just a thin layer was enough for me, though I did find this mask to be a tad runny which meant I had to apply this quite fast to avoid any mess. I think I may have to find a brush to apply my masks because it will ensure a more even layer and am sure it will feel good in application too.
Once the mask was applied I could instantly feel the heat, this was actually working! It wasn't an uncomfortable heat setting but a more tolerable one. I could just feel this mask working it's magic onto my complexion.
After relaxing and taking in the beautiful tropical scent I then went to wash it off. It was alot easier to rinse off than I had originally thought. This mask does not dry so you have to just time as much as you want to keep it on your face then rinse it off. I kept mine on for atleast 20 minutes which was more than enough to fit in a lil me time.
My complexion felt and looked brilliant. My skin felt smooth, clean and it gave me a lovely glow which I love after using certain masks. My skin also felt comfortable even after rinsing it off because normally I feel discomfort and have to use some sort of a moisturiser to make my face feel comfortable again but the oils used in this mask ensure that even the driest of skins will not feel tight or uncomfortable.
I also did not manage to finish the whole sachet so another plus point is that you can easily achieve two or even three applications out of it. I keep these sachets clipped and stored away in sandwich bags until next time so you can store these but you must remember to use it soon otherwise it can dry out.
I truly recommend these masks from Superdrug, I have my eyes set on the chocolate ones to try next. let's hope I don't end up eating it.
Check it out here - Link//£1.00 for 15ml or 3 for 2 since they are currently on offer!

Have you tried any masks from the Superdrug brand?

5 comments:

  1. I actually really love the other range of Superdrug face masks - in the little tubes. Pink one is I think raspberry and it smells delicious!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad we don't have Superdrug here in Canada, I would've liked to get my hands on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I just followed you on GFC and Bloglovin, would you please follow me back? :)
    Michaella from http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any of the Superdrug masks (I only get to the UK every now and then) but I kinda wanna try this!
    Gwenayfer | PeacockBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara