Thursday, 6 February 2014

Lifestyle | DIY Keepsake Box


There's nothing like doing a spot of DIY on a cold and rainy day. I was bitten by the creativity bug after reading the lovely Caroline's DIY post which you can read here, she created this amazing good things bunny jar, You basically write a lil note on a piece of paper of all the good things that have happened and you keep em all in the jar and once it's the end of the year you go through all the notes and reflect on all of the good times, good idea non?
I was inspired to make one too but in form of a box <3 So let's see the steps on how to make your very own keepsake box.



I decided to use an old gift box, I didn't want to throw it away, I just knew it would come in use somehow ^^
Using some acrylic paints and an old cosmetic sponge, I basically covered the whole box using a dabbing motion and after completion it became a beautiful gradient wash of colours - I chose blue and pink since I am loving those colours at the moment.





Time for the fun part... decorating! Using an unloved flower ornament, gems, stickers and sequins,I basically glued and positioned the decor items wherever I wanted. The flower piece looked great as a centre piece and I placed the gems and sequins sparingly. The box started to take shape as well as looking super pretty. I also sprinkled some glitter onto the flower as a finishing touch but you can really do anything, for me this would of been incomplete without some glitter!




So there you go, an easy mini DIY project that you can easily do in the comfort of your own home and with materials that are readily available in your home too, so why not give this a go! 

14 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful! Can I ask what editor you use (if any!). The keepsake box looks so pretty, something very special to keep all those sentimental things in.

    Fiona @ www.dollydowsie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't got an artistic bone in my body sadly, but this is a good idea.
    www.beautykinguk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Christel Kuik aww thank you so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Fiona Naughton <3 aww thank you so much! Yes of course you can ask! :) I just edit my images on the windows live photo gallery, adjusting the contast, temperature and lighting since my images always have an orange tinge and it is so so dark! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Amz Strange Thank you so much! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Shell Senseless ^^ Thank you so much! Thanks to Caroline's diy post I was able to get my creative juices flowing again lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Beautykinguk haha! ^^ Thank you, it really is so easy to do! Give it a go with your queen ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! You are so creative! Im a follower.
    Follow me : http://reneehartsthis.blogspot.com.au/
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely idea - the box is sooo beautiful! I'd love to make one of these xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Nayzee Thank you so much! So sweet <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Gemma aww thank you so much Gemma! <3 Would love to see it if you blog about it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara