Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Clarins Spring 2014 Opalescence Collection Multi - Blush* | Review





Clockwise from the bottom left: 01 peach, 02 candy, 03 rosewood and 04 grenadine <3

Nothing gets me excited more than thinking about spring, and even more when brands start to release their spring make up collections. There's just something about the pastel hues and injecting some lighter colours back onto your make up palette and wardrobe that is just so uplifting.
So with the arrival of spring, Clarins have released their new spring 2014 collection which is entitled Opalescence and you can check out all the products here, I just had to have a separate post to feature all of the pretty make up products <3
One of the products that I was kindly sent to review was this gorgeous cream blusher, I believe that this is the first ever cream blusher that Clarins have launched and I have to admit this cute lil compact means business.
There are four shades in total but I opted for the 'candy' shade which is photographed above.

The Multi-Blush Cream Blush is a cream-to-powder formula that contains a mix of Rose, Mimosa and Sunflower waxes to keep skin hydrated, and a "Light Optimizing Complex" to boost radiance. What I love about the blushers from this new collection is that it gives something back to the skin and in this case, a possible prevention of dehydration. It sure is nice to own a make-up product that is beneficial to the skin.
Wearing this instantly makes me look naturally flushed with colour and it was amazingly easy to apply too, simply blend it away with your fingertips or you can use a stippling brush if you prefer precision.
The pigmentation is lovely and this is such a build able product, you won't have to worry about it being heavy/harsh at the first usage because it can deliver a slight pop of colour to a full on flush of pink, it truly is great for everyone.
Candy is a beautiful soft pink that leans towards a coral shade. The Multi-Blush formula just melts into the skin, this is the creamiest of all formulas but once applied onto to skin it instantly turns into a matte finish, even though it dries matte pretty quick, the formulation is silky enough to blend out to an even finish. Candy actually has the subtlest hint of gold shimmer running through it and this is what gives your skin that radiant look. The shimmer is not too apparent so you will not be looking like a disco ball but you'll be seen as a natural and radiant beauty. It is very flattering indeed.
Wear time is good since it does last a good couple of hours but you will need to touch up - if you want it to carry throughout the rest of your day. This cute compact is ace for on the go since it is so lightweight and it has a built in mirror.
These blushers deserve a swatch because the formula is just incredible! It's so airy and amazingly soft and the fact that these look better up close than in photos. Once you do you'll be able to understand what I'm talking about :)
The Clarins Multi-Blush Cream Blushes cost £18* each and launch February 2014, along with the rest of the Clarins Spring Makeup Collection. Click here to check it out.


This post contains a press sample.


You can also find me on Bloglovin Instagram

18 comments:

  1. I'll have to check these out! I love cream blushes and am always looking for another to add to my stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @A Delicate Rosie Beauty yes! you definitely should ^^ If you love cream blushes then this is worth trying and possibly adding to your collection :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Aimee yes! The selection of shades is perfect for everyone and it really captures the essence of spring too x <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty! I think you would like MAC’s well dressed blush!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Emily Knott <3 Definitely is :) ooh! I will have to check that out ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. That packaging is so pretty. I've never tried Clarins but it looks like a great blush.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg that blush is beautiful :O omg the packaging ugh I need it!! <3
    thestylegerm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really in to blushers at the moment! I used to stick to one shade but since experimenting more with other colours, I've been enjoying reading reviews on blushes! This ones looks and sounds gorgeous, I'll have to check it out next time I'm at the Clarins counter! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Giedre Laurinaityte <3 it sure is a real beaut! ^^ This was my first ever try from Clarins and i was far from being disappointed xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Stephanie Bolton haha <3 wait until you see the face/blush powder, that is also truly mesmerising! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Temporary:Secretary Yes ^^ I have read that in your previous post and a girl can never have too many blushers :-p Yes definitely give this one a swatch if your out and about, I think you might purchase this one hehe! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Mademoiselle Lala <3 a blusher that is housed by a gold compact is so drool worthy <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG this look so so so pretty! The packaging of Clarins makeup is so luxurious isn't it?! Definitely lusting after this now :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is just beautiful! I love the clarins collections :) the packaging is always gorgeous!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Gemma haha ^^ Love your reaction! It definitely is <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Hannah Louisa <3 It sure is! I am looking forward to the next since I loved this cute spring collection <3 x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara