Monday, 6 January 2014

L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick In Luminous Coral* | Review





I think 2014 is the year to try and experiment with different shades that I wouldn't normally go for, I normally shy away from red/coral lipstick shades but receiving this made me want to try it to see how it would look and I quite liked it. I know it isn't a full on red but hey! it's a pretty big step for me to use this after using 'safer' shades for such a long time.

I adore L'Oreal lipsticks, easy applications to full on pigmentation, this range ticks all of the boxes.

Product description:


COLOR RICHE MADE FOR ME IS ENRICHED WITH A COMBINATION OF OMEGA-3 OILS AND VITAMIN E AND HELPS TO PROTECT YOUR LIPS FROM DRYING.

Its rich formula is enriched with a combination of Omega-3 and Vitamin E and leaves your lips feeling moisturised.

The packaging really stands out from the traditional black casings you find in other brands, the gold gives it a 'luxe' feeling.
One of the things I like the most in cosmetics is the brand logo being imprinted onto the actual product, it just makes it look more professional if not then mega expensive!
This is such a no fuss and easy to wear colour, This warm coral shade has an amazing pigmentation and can be worn as a tint or as a full on colour.
This has subtle shimmers which definitely adds depth to the colour rather than being a dull matte shade.
This shade can be worn any season and at any time. So versatile!
This provides amazing hydration and comfort to the lips, this did not cling to any dry patches either but you can prep your lips by using a lip scrub and by applying your favourite lipbalm prior to the application.
Wear time is good, lasts for a good couple of hours before a re-application. I have noticed that this seems to have a staining power so there is some colour left but you would obviously need to top it up.
The scent reminds me of playing with my moms lipsticks when I was younger, you know that old but strangely comforting scent that used to be used in old cosmetics,I love that scent but for others it may not be the most pleasing scent.

Overall this is such a decent lippy! a high street product that is on the higher end in terms of pricing but I guess you can never have enough lipsticks, non?

£8.19* - Available at Boots & Superdrug

Have you tried this range/shade/lipstick before?

You can also find me on Facebook | Bloglovin | Instagram

16 comments:

  1. Wow...great review..and lovely color.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a really pretty color! I dont really wear lipstick, I'm not bold enought! haha! It's just lip gloss for me! (
    ;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this color! Thank you for the review!
    thebeautybugx0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that's such a gorgeous shade! I never feel drawn to this line of lipsticks as I feel the packaging is a little dated compared to the rest of the L'Oreal line! I love the black versions they've done for the perfect nude range though! xx
    Gem // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty shade, and sounds like a great lipstick! Might have to try this!

    www.fashionsontop.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Alyssa I was the same but trust me this one is not too full on ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Casey Lynn no problem! glad you loved the review :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Gemma ahh yes! I have seen the new ones and they do look fab but I guess I am more drawn to vintage style packaging, each to their own ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Elle you have my recommendation! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from the blog hop! I love your site and I hope you stop by mine :)
    ps. I'm allllllll for trying new lipsticks!!

    Cait
    The Petite Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Cait aww thank you! sure! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Zara, i think this color is beautiful and makes me think of spring (which is hopefully coming soon). And you are right about the pacakging, it's somehow way better than the rest of the line. Need to do some swatches on my hand next time im in a store.

    Nice to meet you btw. Found your blog through Fiona's Where Rainbows End Blog Hop.
    Have a lovely sunday.
    xo,
    Luchessa.org

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review, I love the colour.. will have to look out for it next time I go shopping :) followed on bloglovin xx
    littlemissclouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Luchessa Grossmann I agree ^^ lol hopefully soon! :) glad you think so too! love the retro/old vibe of the packaging. Definitely check it out :) aww nice to meet you too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Charlotte Mudge aww thankuuu! <3 definitely! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara