Friday, 31 January 2014

Clarins Extra-Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing Cream* | Review





Creamy cleansers are a favourite of mine, it's no secret that I use them in my morning skin care routine so when this arrived I was ecstatic to give this a go. This product claims to sooth the skin whilst breaking down any surface pollutants and in the world we live in now, this seemed perfect. Nobody would want the effect of pollution to affect their complexion so let's talk about this in more depth. 

Product description: 
The anti-pollution cream cleanser for skin challenged by a polluted urban environment. Enriched with extracts of purifying Moringa and nourishing Shea and mango, this rich cream cleanser is ultra-effective and restores the skin's purity, radiance and beauty while providing ultimate comfort. For use on face and eyes. 
• Perfectly removes make-up and impurities while providing ultimate comfort.
• Rids the skin of traces of pollution. Detoxifies the epidermis and protects the skin from the harmful effects of pollution.
• Nourishes, softens and hydrates. Restores the skin's biological balance to preserve its youthfulness.
• The Clarins touch: A professional cleansing method that is as simple as it is effective, available for viewing on the Clarins website

Ingredients:
• Mild surfactants: Perfectly rid the skin of make-up and impurities.
• Moringa seed extract: Eliminates traces of pollution, detoxifies the epidermis and protects the skin from the harmful effects of pollution*.
• Mango butter, Shea butter, jojoba oil: nourish, soften and moisturise.
• BioEcolia: Restores the skin's biological balance to preserve its youthfulness.

First off I want to talk about the scent, I love a good ol' scent in products but as long as it smells natural. This cleanser has that typical spa like scent which I absolutely love, It also reminds me of a hot summer day because it also has a sun cream like scent mixed in. Not going to complain about this because looking outside right now, I do miss mr sun!

The consistency is indeed very creamy but also light too, rest assured your face and hands will not feel greasy, yay! When I applied this onto my skin, the cream seemed to have a cooling effect and that made me feel relaxed, refreshed and it definitely soothed my skin.

I would describe this cleanser as a 'hug in a tube' since my skin had never felt so comfortable and hydrated. Greatly recommended for dry and sensitive skin types.

Moving onto the 'how to apply this' part, I simply warmed up the product in the palms of my hands and then I massaged this onto my face and neck, for a good minute or so and then I rinsed this off using a warm face cloth. After using this my skin felt soothed, comfortable, calm and even softened!
Your moisture levels are topped up and the product does not congest your skin in any way.
This also removed my face make up perfectly, at one usage that is pretty good! Though if you are a heavy make up wearer you may need to use it twice just to ensure that every trace of make up has been removed. This is also usable on the eyes but since my eye make up is a bit on the heavier side - lashings of mascara and pigmented black liner, I don't think using this is the best idea simply because of time and the stuggle it will cause to remove it all but it may work for those who wear lighter eye make up.

All in all I really enjoyed using this and this may of replaced my current cleanser ^^ 
So do not let the 'city life' ruin your skin, try this and you will not look back, A definite recommendation from me!

Available nationwide, check it out here //£25*

What do you think about an anti-pollution cleansing cream?

This post contains a press sample.


You can also find me on Bloglovin | Instagram

10 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this! I'm just about out of my Clarins Cleanser and am using their Cleansing Melt (this is a really good product too if you have never tried it). I think I will pick up one of these when I'm next in town. My list seems to be growing weekly unlike my wages :) xx

    wantingtobeadomesticgoddess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds lovely! I really enjoy using cream-based cleansers (like I'm loving Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish) but it's a bit off putting when some feel greasy on my skin because mine is quite oily, so it's great that this isn't greasy at all! I like that it's hydrating too, what a brilliant product!

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really nice product!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Denise M ooh I have not tried that before! haha, yes I highly recommend it <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kathryn Leaver it sure is <3 I used to use liz earle till this came into my life hehe <3 definitely a much better product i think xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Raizel Greco it's a 'too good to be true' product <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I just found your blog through the Blog Hop. I have super sensitive skin and will have to check this out. I've followed through google friend connect.

    http://adelicaterosiebeauty.blogspot.com/

    Follow me back?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice product! I found your blog through the blog hop and started following you through GFC.
    http://www.writingbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. @A Delicate Rosie Beauty thank you! Sure it will definitely suit sensitive skin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Beauty Writer thank you! It sure is :) I am impressed by this product :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara