Sunday, 8 December 2013

Mermaid Bath Water | Lush's Golden Wonder Bath Bomb*

A pamper session was in order, I was sent this Lush bath bomb from Coal Harbour and I was excited to see and try it out for the first time.
I need to point out that the scent is ADDICTIVE! As soon as I smelt this I could not stop opening the bag! ^^

Here's the product description

This bath bomb is like a pass the parcel gift – each layer has something different to offer. This is not for a quick bath because it takes its time, this bath bomb. Its layers of golden lustre, dazzling colours and soluble gold stars are a wonder to behold.
First take some time to shake it, listen to the little rattle from within and try to imagine what’s in there. Then drop it in your water and revel in the sweet orange and cognac oils.
This bath bomb is guaranteed to put you in the mood for festive celebrations. You could even try using our new, unpreserved Celebrate body lotion after your bath – they share the same fizzy champagne cocktail fragrance. This isn’t a bath – this is an event! This ballistic contains edible gold lustre and soluble paper stars – so there’ll be no sparkly bits left to clean out of your bath afterwards.


                       











So as advised, I did shake Golden Wonder and it really did sound as if a toy was inside and I was forever guessing at what it could be.
Oh yes! Back to talking about the scent, to me it smelt like refreshers sweets and Pez candy which is delicious, so citrusy! I loved it ^^
Popping this into the bath was like watching an event/show, Once the bath bomb was in contact with the water it started fizzing away, and the layers of different colours started to reveal itself. It starts of gold and the white bow melts slowly, then you start to see accents of yellow, pink and then finally blue! Such a beautiful display of colours, I was truly mesmerised ^^ The sprinkle of paper stars at the end of the 'show' was a nice lil touch, a magical one I must say!
So in the end my bath water turned into this beautiful vivid teal colour but it also had gold shimmer and this is what made me call it mermaid bath water.
I don't know about you but i can used to bathing in glitter/shimmer.
The scent lingered on for quite some time but it wasn't as potent as it was in the bag.
I really did not want to leave the bath, For my first ever try at any Lush bath ballistics, this one will leave you feeling VERY far from being disappointed. I may have to add this to my wishlist and buy it soon before it disappears again :(
The stars also dissolved away so there wasn't anything to pick out or to clean up.
My skin was also left feeling soft and this could be due to the oils that were used in making Golden Wonder - Orange Lime & Cognac oils.
'Unwrapping' this present was SO much fun and I definitely recommend this one to all!

For £3.25 it is SOOOO worth it! Check it out here - Link

What do you think of this bath ballistic? Tried it & Loved it?
Comment below!

10 comments:

  1. Wow the color looks amazing !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sara that was my reaction too! ^^ a bath bomb worth having! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is way too cute! I love the colour that it turns the water :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favs from Lush! It's super! xxx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  5. @OPI addict totally agree! a must purchase! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Grace I can understand why ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG i've always wanted to try one of these. I just don't have bath :(
    Looks awesome though!

    Anna Czarina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and what a surprise it is when you drop it in the water - I may even use one of mine tonight :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anna aww! you've gotta get a bath or move house asap to try this! ^^ am sure you would love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. @charlotte :) yay! let me know if you have tried/reviewed it! would love to read your post! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara