Monday, 16 December 2013

Fight The Bite | Prevent Nail Biting With Mavala Stop*





Nail biting affects many of us, though it seems like an endless cycle I have decided to shed some light onto this grueling subject and I wanted to share with you solutions and ways of getting through this because it has affected me since childhood and breaking a childhood habit is kinda hard.

Mavala the world leaders in natural nail care introduce STOP, a bitter tasting, yet harmless clear nail treatment which helps to break the routine of nail biting and therefore resulting in the growth of healthy nails. Mavala also stock some amazing nail care polishes, they cover everything from dry,brittle nails to slow growing nails. Definitely a place to check out if you are in need of some serious nail TLC.

The product that I have been testing out is from the nail biting range and it is called stop - the name couldn't of been more relevant towards the subject (insert cheeky emoji here)

Product description..
Nail biting is a nervous habit, which can rapidly become uncontrollable. Mavala Stop has a bitter yet harmless taste and the appearance of clear enamel. It helps to break the nail biting habit and thumb sucking. Works for children (more than 3 years old) and adults.
How to use:
Apply a coat over the entire nail (or polish) and allow to dry. Repeat the application every two days. Continue the treatment until nail biting has ended.
Precaution:
Never wash hands immediately after application.

This applies clear and it gives a subtle shine to the nails, just like newly buffed nails.
You basically apply this all over clean nails and repeat it every two days, It is suitable for all ages and it is a low maintenance beauty treatment too!
I remember the other day I was eating some crisps and I actually forgot that I had this on my nails and it tasted horrible! so horrible that I had to rinse out my mouth a couple of times. I didn't even try to bite my nails and this is what I got! ^^
It is so effective because the taste is so bitter that you will think twice before biting.
I started seeing results immediately because twice a day I was using a cuticle balm to massage my cuticles and nails and I also used a cuticle pusher too.
Using this with a hand cream is amazing, the duo of products really helped the whole nail growth process.
This will break the horrible cycle and when you look down at your nails you will think that why didn't I do this before?! 

It is never too late to stop the habit, I am glad that I have this by my bedside table so that I can apply it if I need to.
There is also a nail biting feature that Mavala have put together to help nail biters like us to help break the vicious cycle, go and have a read here - link

I definitely recommend this and after using this you will be able to wear regular polish in no time!

£9.60* Stocklists: available from leading department stores and top beauty salons nationwide.

10 comments:

  1. I should probably try this out, I have a terrible habit of biting my nails and the skin around it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use something similar from Boots and I now don't bite my nails x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @bhavna do not despair! this product will work wonders! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sophie it's all about combining effective products, it will work twice as fast! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @beautyqueenuk I think i know which one you are talking about, had similar colours too :) that's great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to bite my nails back in my teens. What initially helped me was painting my nails with pretty colours. With that on, I didn't want to ruin my nails, ha! Each to their own though.

    Halima

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. @halima aww that's a good idea too! another alternative :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to get this thank you for sharing :) http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Joanna Victoria No problem hun! wish you all the best! You can do it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara