Sunday, 24 November 2013

The Edit: Flawless And Concealed ★

Clockwise from the top:
Nanshy flat top buffer brush|Bare minerals original foundation|The body shop eyeshadow brush|Glo minerals undereye concealer|Bare minerals full flawless face brush|Rimmel stay matte pressed powder|Revlon colorstay concealer|Ex1 delete concealer

Normally when I stick to A concealer I never try to branch out and try other brands but now I have accumulated quite a variety which all work so well with my skin type and at concealing. I now have a lil compartment just for my concealers ^^
I wanted to give you a low down on my favourites that helps me to achieve a flawless face and a new brush that I call 'photoshop in a brush' just because you get that perfect finish everytime <3

A strict skincare regime and not wearing a full face of make up has really made my skin better, less break outs and I no longer need a full face of foundation 'YAY' all I really need is concealer and powder and I am good to go.
There are days that I may want to put foundation on but I now only use foundation in mineral form since it's kinder to skin by allowing it to breathe rather than clogging it up which is pretty bad.

My three go to concealers are from Revlon, Glo minerals & Ex1, each one has a creamy consistency and the ability to stay put. I would say that they all are high coverage and it covers blemishes and redness nicely.
I usually switch between the three but lately I have been using the Revlon one daily for quite some time now and pairing this concealer with the Nanshy flat top buffing brush is like the best thing since sliced bread!

A flawless face 'without the effort' can be achieved with this buffing brush, it really works the product in and the brush is able to reach all the contours of my face. The soft but dense bristles picks and distributes the concealer well, giving me that 'photoshop airbrush' look.
For covering spots or smaller blemishes I find that the body shop's eyeshadow brush is great for covering precise areas.

After concealer I use that big fluffy looking brush from Bare minerals to a) mattifying my skin and b) to keep the concealer in place and to maximise the wear time.

I hope that post helped you in some way, maybe if you're new to concealers or if you need some decent high street branded concealers/brushes then there should be atleast something you can take away from this post, a piece of advice perhap? or a product recommendation? ^^

What concealers have you been loving? 

4 comments:

  1. I tend to swap between YSL Touche Eclat and Erase Paste from Benefit, I am sure I should be trying a few more though x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erase Paste from Benefit is a brilliant concealer :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. @beautyqueenuk oo! i haven't tried the erase paste or the ysl touche eclat :( heard alot about the erase paste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jordan-alice thanks for the recommendation! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara