Tuesday, 26 November 2013

DIY: OTT Glitter Nails





I just love DIY posts and I have made a lil post/tutorial just for you all! ^^

Glittery make up and nails is appropriate to wear now since it is the partay season and I had to share this easy DIY post for the nail art/polish addicts out there!

So lately there have been many brands that have released glittery polishes, I quite like many of them but it all depends on your taste.
If you are on a spending ban then this DIY post will be perfect for you because your nails will be on trend and you do not have to spend a single penny.

Now let's move onto the tutorial that literally is as easy as 123...

1) Gather up some of your favourite glitters, These glitters can be specifically nail art glitters or it can be an arts & crafts glitter. Both are usable. I gathered my faves which included a holographic silver, an intense gold and silver glitter, a multicoloured craft glitter that I mixed together & a shimmer pigment that I don't really use.

2) On fresh, clean nails apply a clear or a coloured polish. You basically need to do this for the glitter to stick so I decided to go for the black since this makes the glitter stand out more but you can choose a nail shade that corresponds to the colour of the glitter, it is really up to you, either way it's just as nice.

3) Quickly sprinkle the glitter onto the nail while the nail polish is wet, add as much as you like and lightly pat it so that it stays and your done!
with the shimmer pigment, I added a clear coat on top and this actually 'melted' the pigment which means that I created my own custom shade polish!

You can experiment with any glitters or shimmers, this is super fun! ^^

I hope that you try this out! It's so fun and easy and the products are readily available at home so you don't really need to buy anything either ^^

I hope you like them!

Zara x

8 comments:

  1. Great DIY, I love glitter on my nails for the holidays!!
    I found your blog on the blog hop, now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love glittery nails but they're SUCH a pain to get off! x

    Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing DIY! They look so good :)

    Thank you for your comment in my blog, yours is so cute ♥

    http://relocatewonderland.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @katxoxo aww thank you! ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Živa have you tried the tin foil trick to remove it? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anthi T aww thank you!!! ^^ no problem! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara