Monday, 26 August 2013

Prestat Chocolate* Review - Pecan & Maple Dream And Tea Time Frolics ☺







Move aside Cadbury I think I may have found a new best friend.
Chocolate is enjoyed by nearly everyone and I was sent two of the new bars from Prestat.
This is the first time that I have tried Prestat and the first time that I am reviewing this on my blog.
I know my blog is not a food blog but I felt like switching things up a bit, if you enjoyed reading this food review then let me know in the comments below because there's nothing more fun then trying out food and jotting down your opinions for others to read :)
Prestat actually started in 1902 (woah) in a small shop in London but now they are known for being the best choice amongst stars, presidents and even maharajas!!!
These two bars are from the new art deco range which features 5 bars of different flavours and I had no idea which one was going to be sent to me.
The first flavour which sounded great was the Pecan & Maple Dream and the other flavour that I was sent that I wasn't too keen on was the Tea Time Frolics - Earl grey tea & lemon.

So I dived straight in (wish I could... in chocolate) I first attacked the Pecan and Maple dream and this one had a very serine texture, the actual nuts are not crunchy but they add texture and taste to the already delicious tropical milk chocolate, I like that this is not too sweet so you can eat more than one piece (hehe). I get put off by chocolate sometimes because of the over sweetness but this has a little bitterness to give it that all round flavour. It definitely smells of maple syrup too <3

Tea Time Frolics which has a earl grey tea flavour with a twist of lemon, I was so hesitant to try this because I hate the taste of fruit mixed in with chocolate but I like the taste of tea so when I gave this a bite I was shocked to see that the lemon flavour wasn't too overpowering. When you taste this the lemon flavour comes first but before that becomes overpowering you can then detect the taste of the earl grey tea. When you open the packet the smell of lemons was very potent but in the chocolate the amount of lemon is perfect. Obviously if you do like fruits mixed in with chocolate then you will like it but if you are like me then do give it a try because you may actually like it.

The packaging is amazing, Definitely an eye catching design. The colours and shapes used do add to the tasting experience.
It does match the art deco theme and these bars will also make great gifts for chocolate lovers out there!

I enjoyed these thoroughly and not alot is left! 
It's only £3.50! 
Check it out here - The best chocolate ever!

Have you tried anything from Prestat before? I would love to know so comment below ^^

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow this chocolate looks amazing and it's really reasonable, going to have to pick some up today, I have a real sweet tooth :)
    Now following and just popping over from the collective

    Laura x
    www.sidestreetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of it before, but the one with tea and lemon sounds great.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Laura it's amazing and i am sure that you will love it too :) aww thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @heidi :) am sure you will love it if you are into that kinda combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, mmmm! It looks soo good! I'll have to try it out!xo
    Follow me and I’ll follow back. Let me know when you’re done Also, I'd really like it if you were a part of the themed monthly look book on my blog Teeniolect HERE
    Teeniolect
    Teeniolect on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  6. @salihah aw :) you definitely do! sure no probs I'll check out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara