Sunday, 18 August 2013

L'Oreal Super Liner Blackbuster* - Review








I have always loved eyeliners and I tend to collect and experiment with many brands and when the tv advert showed this new blackbuster eyeliner I immediately thought that I need to have this!
Sadly I fell for the graphics and imagery of the advert...
Yesterday I decided that I should give this eyeliner a try since I had a busy day out so it would be the perfect time to see how well it could perform.
High hopes for this one because I first swatched it on my hand to see if it would rub off right after swatching it and it didn't so I was excited in trying it out.
Application was a bit tricky for me since I am so used to thinner applicators this just felt like I was using a sharpie to line my eyes. A steady hand is key with this one and I found that using this took longer than my usual go to liner (maybelline stay precise) because the colour pay off was average. It states that it is the 'blackest black' but in reality it was the lightest I have ever used :(
Another issue was the longevity  I had something in my eye and it was really irritating me and I had no choice but to rub my eye and guess what?! half of my eye was left bare! it had completely wore off! I was shocked since it claims to be longlasting. Bare in mind I do have shiny/oily eyelids so it might be that the eyeliner did not go with me.
It also dried to a shiny finish rather than a matte (which I prefer) and it also seemed to 'branch out' onto my skin, both on my hand and on my eye. This seemed all too weird. I wonder why this liner did so.
I however do love the gold and black packaging since it does grab your attention and that it is versatile because you can create many looks by holding the felt in different angles.

Lesson learnt - do not be fooled by the ads, test and try it out for yourself.
Available here - link
Have you tried this out? What are your thoughts on it? I would love to know :)

2 comments:

  1. That sucks that it wasn't black black. I bought one like that by flower beauty and it was the same thing. I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have a an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party every Friday. Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @karla i know but you don't know unless you try so atleast i wont be purchasing this! ever!! lol i sure will :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara