Saturday, 24 August 2013

Impulse & Models Own Beauty Challenge - Making My Design ☺

Here is the step by step design procedure for the beauty challenge! Hope you enjoy it! ^^ 



Materials at the ready!


I decided to do a candy theme and for the base colour I decided to do a pink background so using an old household sponge (which I cut into a small square) I then put red and white acrylic paint on the sponge to dab onto the Impulse spray can.



When the colours mixed together it created the perfect girly candy pink and I like how this textured sponge created an effect, it almost looks like candyfloss! <3



And now preparing and deciding what to stick on the bottle, I then Googled images of 'licorice allsorts' so that I could sketch and colour the designs to cut and stick on the bottle. I also used the stick on diamantes and the pearlised hearts that I was sent in the inspiration box.


Making sure it sticks well...



Starting to take shape now :) glued on all the paper licorice allsorts designs and glued on the gems.




How could I not add glitter?! I painted hearts with PVA glue and sprinkled on the glitter, have to admit this part was the most fun for me ^^

 POP!    
I made use of products that you can easily find in your home so I decided to use the paper streams that are found inside the party popper, this adds more colour to the design.




Stuck on more gems and tied a silver piece of lace and the paper streams around the bottle :)











and there you have it! my completed design! 
I am really happy with how this turned out, I am loving candy prints at the moment (hence the blog background) and this pretty much is for the inner girly girl that we all have.
From creating the 'candyfloss' base to tying the last paper stream, I extremely enjoyed taking part in this project so I would like to thank Hayley for giving me the chance to be a kid again.
Thank you to Impulse and Models Own for supplying the new products and to Hobbycraft for the crafty bits and bobs.
I would love to know what you think of my design so let me know in the comments below :)

4 comments:

  1. You're so creative, this looks great!
    Spider Leg Lashes xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maya aw thank you! that means alot ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!
    I love the candy colour pink
    http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joanna Victoria aww thank you! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara