Saturday, 6 July 2013

How To Clean Your Make Up Brushes, Properly!

The dirty brushes and Dr Bronner's magic soap

Pour out a teaspoon amount of soap

Rub brush in circles into the soap and then run the brush under lukewarm water handle up and squeeze the bristles downwards. Simples.
And repeat, there you have it, all of my brushes cleaned and ready for drying :)


I'm going to be honest and say that I don't deep clean my brushes very often. I know it is VERY bad! I fall into the i'll do it later trap or use a baby wipe but this is the preferred way to clean brushes because this deep cleanses them to ensure that the bacteria is gone. You use these on your face every day so you really don't want them to be dirty because it will give you really bad skin, the bacteria can spread and it can blemish a perfectly flawless face! 

To clean your brushes, You can use any gentle baby shampoos or the Dr Bronner's soap which I think is great for cleaning brushes. I use luke warm water (using hot water is a big no no because it can cause fall out and you will end up with damaged brushes) I then dampen the brushes slightly.
 It's really important to keep the handle up whilst washing because if any water leaks down into the funnel it can loosen the glue and in time the bristles will fall out!
 I then squeeze a small amount of soap onto my hand and using circular motions I then swish my brush around, then you ready to give it a good rinse and lay it down flat to dry onto some tissues or a towel.
It's really easy to do and important too. Actually if you come to think of it, it doesn't take long at all so there should be no excuses! even for me! Brushes can cost alot so to ensure it has a longer life wash them regularly and properly.

I hope this post helped. Are you guilty of neglecting your brushes? Comment below! :)

12 comments:

  1. I hate cleaning my brushes too, but I really need to stop putting it off. Thanks for the tips and reminder! I'm going to make myself clean them today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate cleaning my brushes aswell, I also use Dr Bronners Soap a great product.
    http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tutorial!! I need to clean my brushes soon!!

    Following your blog now. Hope you can follow back!

    XOXO ♥ Kia

    http://www.cosmoglossblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tutorial is just what I needed to remind myself to clean my brushes. I also didn't know about keeping the handle up so thanks for that tip :)

    Jenni
    thebeautifullittlefools.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm a new follower from the Friday hop. Can't remember the last time I cleaned my brushes so thank you for the tutorial!

    I'd love it if you can follow me back :)

    xoxo
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Aaliyah aww no problem! hope you enjoyed using your freshly cleaned brushes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Joanna Dr bronner's is a fab all rounder product :) I agree

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kia aww thank you! sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jennifer no problem! glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ochi :) no problem glad that you liked it! sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from Ahola Friday. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jennifer aw thank you! i will check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara