Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Souk Souk Beauty Box May Edition - Initial Reaction




Ignore my cat phone case shadow LOL ^^




Souk Souk Beauty Box May Edition*


SoukSouk is a brand NEW monthly 'green' beauty box that includes products that are certified organic and natural,free from certain chemicals and are not tested on animals!

Subscriptions cost £14.95 (this includes £2.95 p&p) and get you 4-5 beauty samples to play with and a copy of the SoukSouk magazine. The magazine contains everything from recipes to what's going on around the world in terms of green beauty.

What I received in my May box:

Dr Bronner's Magic Soap 18-in-1 Hemp Rose (59ml)
Green People Moisturising Shower Gel (30ml)
Green People Nurture Body Lotion (30ml)
BalmBalm Lip Balm (full sized 7ml version)
Inika Eyebrow Pencil Brunette (full sized) 

The first product that I recieved was the Dr Bronner's Magic Soap, this is something I've seen and heard about before so I am excited to put this to the test. It can be used for a variety of things and some of them are: soap,bath oil, massage oil, deodorant and even pet shampoo! There is a list that can be found on the SoukSouk blog. What a multi-use product!

I was introduced to another new brand in this month's box; Green people. The samples are 30ml and they are perfectly sized for packing away in a travel bag.
There's a body lotion and a shower gel, both smell floraly and fresh, excited to see how this brand performs.

My fave from this box is the BalmBalm lip balm; I got the tea tree version and I'm so glad I did because I was looking for a medicated lip balm that can soothe and repair my chapped lips. This natural emollient balm is suitable for all skin types and can be used pretty much anywhere. Who doesn't love a multi-tasker?!

The last product that I received was an eyebrow pencil from the brand Inika. This is another brand that I have seen and heard but I haven't had the chance to use anything from this brand until now :) A chocolate brown in shade and it even comes with a sharpener that you can attach to the opposite end of the pencil. I use a brow powder so I will see how this performs because eye brow pencils can look harsh and artificial so I am hoping that this looks natural.

I will be reviewing each item in depth soon, this was just my initial thoughts on seeing the products :) 

Last words :)
I think that my first SoukSouk beauty box experience was excellent! Simply because this beauty box company is very 'green and clean' I like how SoukSouk include the stamps that certify organic products, free from animal testing and vegan certified approved on their contents summary menu and that the actual menu itself is a scroll that is tied up which adds to the fun in unboxing the contents :)
The beauty box itself is a cardboard box and when opened the products are embedded on shredded cardboard paper, there are no man made materials unlike other beauty boxes that have foam pieces and the box being a hard board box that are adorned with ribbons and/or drawstring bags. If you are very much into the 'green and clean' scene then I definitely recommend this beauty box company.

Check out the website here
Have you recieved a SoukSouk box? how did you feel about this beauty box company compared to the others? I would love to know! Comment below ^^

4 comments:

  1. coming from GFC collective blog hop.
    new follower via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is quite a good box, I quite like products from The Green People xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @beautyqueenuk :) let me know how it goes if you do buy the products or get a box :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara