Tuesday, 28 May 2013

L'Oreal True Match Foundation In The Shade Beige Rose* - Review








I knew L'Oreal foundations were good and I have read alot about these foundations and everyone seems to like them so when I saw this in the goody bag I was happy to see it and it was a chance to see what the fuss was all about.

The description for the foundation:
"Following research into the skin-tones of women from around the world, the L’Oréal Laboratories have developed a unique palette of 12 skin-true shades in L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation.
The result for L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation is a natural looking, skin-true colour without tide-marks and outstanding coverage without caking.
L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation has a micro-fine, creamy texture that contains 3 light, non-greasy oils. You can build up layers of L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation coverage for a made-to-measure finish.
L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation gives outstanding coverage without caking. L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation conceals imperfections, without caking : its micro-fine, creamy texture blends perfectly with the skin's texture."

Luckily the shade matches my skintone so there wasn't a problem there.
Firstly I love that this is a pump bottle foundation, this helps so much in applying the right amount with no mess, no wastage and it is hygienic too :)

The shades were split into W (warm undertones - yellow), N (neutral undertones - a mixture of yellow and pink) and C (cool undertones - pink) 
The texture of this foundation is very liquidy and thin. I thought that this might give me less coverage but the foundation blends like a dream and it gives medium coverage which can be built up to a fuller coverage. 
This foundation does not look cakey at all, it actually gives a natural flawless look and it lets my skin breathe so you can imagine how light it must feel. It is similar to the Touche Eclat foundations since it has the barely there look :)
It gives me a dewy look which I am liking at the moment but you can still add face powder if you  are not into the dewy look. If you have oily skin then I would advise that you do not try this because it will make your complexion seem more greasy and in reality it should make you look healthier and dewy.
 It lasts for around 5 hours before it begins to disintegrate which is not bad for a high street foundation. I find applying this with any foundation brush gives the same finish, but to achieve a flawless look I would suggest using a buffing brush.

For £10.29 it is worth it, a slightly pricier high street foundation but it 'matches' up to my expectations! (slight pun here)
Check it out here

Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts on it? Comment below ^^

8 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite foundations!

    pictureperfectmakeup06.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love this foundation! When used with a stippling brush it gives amazing airbrushed look :)

    Your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Maila yes! together it's a winner <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love this foundation, i also have rose beige for cool undertones, matches perfect, i newer knew my undertones so bought a lot of wrong foundations with yellow undertones and that was horrible, thanks to loreal i found the perfect shade.
    its light on the skin but gives a lot of covering, stay pretty all day, even on my greasy skin

    ReplyDelete
  5. @petra :) great to hear that this has worked out for you, loreal do decent foundations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to swear by True Match foundation. I think I must have used it for about 3 years! However for some reason suddenly it didn't suit me anymore. Maybe my skin changed? However I think 3 years still gets it a good thumbs up! ha. Great review hun x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  7. @laura i have had the same issue with my skin tone, i guess it's to do with the weather conditions perhaps? wow that's amazing, it is a decent drugstore foundation :) aww thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this foundation and most of them by L'Oreal are amazing
    Laura x
    fbl-savvy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara