Sunday, 19 May 2013

L'Oreal Glam Shine Fresh 6 Hour Lipgloss In Fresh Cassis - Review



L'Oreal Glam Shine Fresh 6 Hour Lipgloss In Fresh Cassis*

I love longwear lipglosses and I was excited when I saw this among the sea of items, it was the colour that caught my eye (well, both eyes actually.)
In reality I would of never gone for this shade but it seemed striking and I have to admit it is a very beautiful and vibrant pinky purple.
L'Oreal have thought of a brilliant name for this shade, Cassis which in French means Blackcurrant  and it is somewhat near that colour.
The packaging is like a standard lipgloss except this tube has curves. It has a heart shaped doe foot which is nice because it enables you to control the wand to match the curves of your lips.
Sadly this did not have the lovely traditional fruity scent that the smaller lipglosses from L'Oreal have, it just smells like plastic.
The shade comes out more of a tint than a full on solid colour, it is very glossy and it gives the illusion of plumper lips.
In terms of longevity  it did not last the full six hours, it lasted just under an hour and a half. I did eat and drink to check how it would perform but the lipgloss transferred to my glass and my lips just felt a bit tacky and most of the colour had gone. Maybe it would of lasted longer if I didn't eat or drink. I do however know for sure that this lasts longer than an average lipgloss and you don't need to re apply this every single time.
A mixed review for this product. It has it's good points and it's bad points.

Have you tried this lipgloss before? let me know on the comments below, did you get more wear time out of this lipgloss?
Available here at £8.69. It is on the pricier side and I think that this product could be a hit or miss for some, but for me it was in the middle.

6 comments:

  1. This color is so pretty! I am obsessed with colors like this, so I'll definitely have to check this out. Nice Review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this yet but I think I'll be in the middle about it too lol, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Eyeshadow Eyeliner me too! :) aww thank you glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Inez haha yes! i mean i had to tell the truth lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't tried this. I like your lip swatch

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Pandora's box let me know how it goes if you do :) aww thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara