Friday, 17 May 2013

L'Oreal Colour Riche Quad - Nude Lingerie - Review






L'Oreal Colour Riche Quad*

The first product that I received in the goody bag was this gorgeous eyeshadow quad compact.
I'll start off with the packaging, isn't this an eyecatching one? I love the abstract design and the gold packaging in L'oreal in general makes you feel that you are not using any other high street brand. It feels more luxurious.
When you open the lid, you also get a double ended applicator. One end is to be used as a liner and the other over the lid. I think that this is for beginners. Pros can use their standard eyeshadow brushes.
When you flip the compact over you see a diagram that is labelled with numbers so you know what colour goes where.

In terms of the shades, you get four shades that work together well, the first shade is a light vanilla beige that can be used as a highlighter and it can also be used on the inner corners of your eyes to brighten them up. The second shade is a light brown that can be used all over the lid. The third shade (my fave) is a rose gold with copper undertones and you can use this on the crease and blend it out in a 'V' shape to start creating a smokey eye. The last shade is a deep taupey brown and this can be used to add more intensity to the lash line. 
The eyeshadows are shimmery and they catch the light perfectly. Pigmentation is average but if used with an eye primer it will be more prominent. There is very little fall out when you apply these eyeshadows so that' s a plus!

You do not even have to use it as they have recommended, you can use this colours as a single base colour or you can use two of the shades to create a smokey eye.
I personally love this compact, the shades are definitely me because I love my neutrals and this can be worn in the day and in the night.
They do have more colourful combinations but I feel that is the best combination because you get more use out of these colours than say using a bright blue. This should be a must have for all neutral eyeshadow lovers out there.
This retails for £7.99 and check out the collection here

Have you tried this quad before? What are your thoughts on it? I would love to know ^^


4 comments:

  1. I like the little diagram with the colours xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those eyeshadow colors.
    I am a new follower via GFC.
    I hope you will check out my blog and do the same!
    XOXO
    dani
    Love Me, Dani Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. @beautyqueenuk :) it is helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dani thank you! ^^ i sure will

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara