Monday, 15 April 2013

Bloggers Event - Exclusive Preview of the new UGG Australia S/S 2013 Collection

Recently I was lucky enough to be invited to see the preview of the new UGG Spring Summer collection at the concept store in Birmingham.
I was given a tour by the lovely Holly and was given an indepth overview of each of the collections which was nice. I have never bought UGGS before because I never seem to have a liking for them but the fact that the collection had eastern influences made me want to see how UGG would have incorporated the colours and textures of Marrakech into their designs.
For the Spring/Summer collection UGG have launched a collection that is entitled 'Meet Me In Marrakech' 
To my astonishment there were actually more 'normal' shoes than the typical UGG boot so it was nice to see other types of footwear and I have to also comment on the level of comfort each shoe could provide and that is that even the tallest wedges seemed comfy!
I think the collection was spot on, in terms of colours and how each shoe looked.There was ALOT of colour that even the cake pops and macaroons were coloured to match the theme! ^^
My favourite was the Lucianna Marrakech in night (navy blue and cream) simply because the patterns, colours and overall look of the shoe looks great and it really stands out. Overall each shoe, wedge and sandal in this collection is great because you have bold jewel tones and then you have the earthy neutrals with prints, textures and detachable charms.






















Press event*
At the end I was given a very generous goody bag and this is what was inside...
  • a beach towel (orange floral print with the UGG logo)
  • A handy USB pen (2GB)
  • an exclusively designed luggage tag (came in three colours and knowing me I went for the monochromatic one)
  • a glossy book full of images of the Spring/Summer collection
  • and not forgetting the cake pop!  

Have you seen this collection, or maybe bought something from it? What do you think of this collection?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, nice goody bag! UGG is not just some sheepskin boots anymore.. those wedges and heeled booties are super cute!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo awesome!!! Love all of your photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mrs C i agree! it is no longer boots but its good that UGG are making other types of footwear :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara