Saturday, 16 February 2013

Beauty Journal from Mad Beauty - Review











Mad Beauty Journal*

Mad Beauty offers a wide range of cosmetics, cosmetic gifts, accessories, skincare and professional beauty products. Whether you are looking for professional beauty products, a gift for someone or even a gift for yourself. They have it all! I personally love the unusual and innovative products that they sell.
I have for you a classic by Mad Beauty - The Beauty Journal.
Available in two colours (pink and silver) this journal contains 28 eyeshadows and 20 lipglosses in a small handy sized compact.
Just looking at the journal, you actually cannot tell that inside would be a sea of colours because it actually looks like a notebook.
The compact is encased with a gorgeous PVC pink croc skin (not real of course) and once opened you can see that the eyeshadows are on one section and the lipglosses are on the other section, complete with a handy mirror and a double ended applicator.
There are a wide range of eyeshadow colours to choose from! from a neutral brown to a deep  blue jewelled tone. All of the eyeshadows have an intense shimmery finish with small glitters. I have found that some of the darker shades had more pigmentation than some of the lighter shades.
 In terms of wear i was able to get a good 5-6 hours with an eye primer.
The lipglosses also have a vast range of colours from bright reds to muted light pinks.
Though the reds look dark, the shades are actually more of a tint. I was a bit disappointed to see that because i was expecting a red that screams "look at me!" 
 All of the glosses have a sheen but only some have some glitter in them, my favourite one is the milky light pink which does have a good pigmentation. The wear is ok but you need to reapply everytime.
Overall this is a good palette because it is presented well, it has a wide range of colours and it is a great gift idea for someone who loves make up.

If you like what you see then go visit Mad Beauty - Beauty Journal 







8 comments:

  1. Nice variety of colours!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of the eye shadows remind me of the UD naked palette. I've never heard of this brand before. I am not a huge fan of lip gloss but I certainly would be happy to get this as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Roses and Rockets, very true! neither did i lol me too, am more of a lipbalm kinda gal but the lipglosses in this journal are good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @JSBeautyAndStyleBlog i agree! who wouldn't want to receive this?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara