Sunday, 2 December 2012

Loreal Volume Million Lashes Luminizer Hazel Eyes - Review



Image take from Google, From L to R: Green, Blue and purple.
 Don’t get me wrong, I love black mascara But when i saw these mascaras from Loreal that luminized your natural eye colour I just had to get it and I fancied a change from my regular black mascara so the luminizer seemed perfect at that time. 

 I found three mascaras each aimed at different eye colours. The idea is that you choose the mascara aimed at your eye colour and the reflecting particles produce a colour that is flattering to your eyes. The luminizer collection contains blue reflecting mascara suitable for blue eyes, green reflecting mascara for green eyes and purple reflecting mascara suitable for hazel eyes. My eyes are brown and so I chose the one aimed for hazel eyes
The mascara claims to separate lashes for a fanned out effect and add a ‘dazzle’ of colour. 

I was able to achieve the fanned out effect with two coats. The mascara didn’t clump and my lashes were separated with added volume, When i say volume i mean extra volume looked as if i had spider leg lashes :)

As for the colour, I applied three coats in total so I could really get the full colour intensity. I tried different angles in day light to see the effect. I could only see a subtle tint (in sunlight) which i guess is a good thing because you do not want your eyelashes screaming out "look at me! am purple!"
On the other hand, I'm not sure if it really 'luminizes' the colour of my eyes... maybe a little?
As it's L'Oreal... it's not the cheapest mascara on the high street at £10.99. Its worth it if you want the va va volume but the idea of luminizing eye colour failed for me.

Have you tried this mascara? have you seen the luminizing effect to your eye colour? let me know!



4 comments:

  1. Great review.

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Buttons Apart thank you! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bought the hazel-eyes one yesterday, applied it this morning but no matter how much I peer closely, I can't really see the purple but I do like the effect, will wait & see if anyone knows the difference from plain black! .. love the 'rose' cursor and the graphics on your website

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Nol thank you for your kind words :) this product did give my lashes the volume but disappointed with the colour give off that it was supposed to give :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara