Monday, 3 December 2012

Estee Lauder Double wear lengthening mascara - review





I have for you all yet another mascara review - a lengthening mascara from Estee Lauder. This is my first product from this brand, I have never used anything from this brand either so i was intrigued to see how this mascara performed.
I was given this as a gift from a friend who doesn't wear mascara and i believe this was a gift with purchase so you get a little taster of another product and it may possibly tempt you into buying it.
I found the formula to be quite wet but you have to be careful for when you are waiting for the mascara to dry because i have had smudged eyes before (yikes)
In terms of lengthening i have noticed a significant difference and it has given my lashes an optimum height which is great!
Once dried it does not flake or smudge (hurray!) so rest assured you will not get panda eyes.
This is great for everyday because i find that volumizing mascaras should be best kept for nights out but curling my eyelashes beforehand helped give THE best result. I am not a big fan of cakey mascara so you will have to careful when applying this because the more you apply the more cakier the eyelashes will look. I only coat my lashes once on both eyes and i found it to be enough.
For a 6ml the price is £20.00 I do like how this lengthens and stays put but the downside is that you will achieve stiff eyelashes if you apply two to three coats :( 

If you have owned or tried this mascara then please comment and let me know how you found this mascara to be :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm a new follower from the BLT blog hop! I'm not into mascara's but I'd preferably not buy this one because I like something that would last but doesn't make my lashes stuff.

    Follow back?

    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Ochi hi! thank you! ^^ that is true but i thought that estee lauder would of been a quality brand but i guess you have to try it to find out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara