Sunday, 25 November 2012

Visionary Soap Company - lemon lip balm - review

This is what i was sent from the Visionary soap company (quite generous!) ^^ i will be reviewing each item in the next couple of blogposts.


Lemon lipbalm*
I was sent 4 items from the Visionary Soap Company, this is a fair trade company and they only source the good stuff which is great! who would want petroleum in their lip balm anyway?!
First up for a review is the Lemon lip balm.
I am not too keen on citrusy scents so i thought i will not like this but after seeing the ingredients i felt a little reassured because it was a possibility that it wouldn't just smell of lemons.
The packaging is cute and handbag friendly. The jar is 5ml but a little goes a long way.
Their Lemon lip balm is made with sunflower oil, Fairtrade certified olive oil from Palestine, Fairtrade certified Shea butter from Ghana, candelilla wax, vitamin E (as a natural preservative) and flavoured with lemon essential oils. Visionary Soap Company state that this product contains 34% Fairtrade certified ingredients (when minimum requirement for certification is 5%). 
I was surprised with how good this lipbalm turned out, it was extremely moisturising and left my lips feeling ultra soft and conditioned. Perfect for the current weather.
The scent is not overpowering which is good because there are also other ingredients so the lemon is very subtle but it exists.
Though it gives a sheeny finish i do not mind it because the properties of this lipbalm can 'cure' any chapped lip or any dried lip.
This will all make you think that the price will be steep but it is only £3.25 and there are other scents too! which includes peppermint, orange, grapefruit and lemon.
You check it all out here

Have you tried any product from The Visionary Soap company?









4 comments:

  1. I've bee sent stuff by visionary too I love this lip balm its my new favourite.
    http://joannavictoria-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joanna Victoria yeah i am quite enjoying the products, i agree on the lipbalm! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, I just found you from the #bbloggers blog hop this week!

    Your layout is gorgeous, I'm glad I came across your blog! I have never heard of this, but for £3.25 it sounds amazing.

    Consider yourself to have a new follower ;) let me know if you stop by my blog too!

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sara thank you so much for your kind words! ^^ dont forget to check out the link to the website :) i sure will!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara