Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Avene skincare samples - review


These were the two lil bottles that were sent to me to try out, a micellar lotion and a gentle gel cleanser. I have never used the brand Avene before and so i was looking forward to this.
(bare in mind that my skin is combination so this may or may not work for you)


The gentle gel cleanser* is to be used on sensitive skin and so you just know that it’s going to be soothing and calming. I love the fresh, cooling sensation that it brings upon application, and the amazing smell. It’s enriched with moisturisers, so it doesn't dry skin out or leave it uncomfortable – neither does it leave a greasy residue! It removes all traces of make up & dirt, it really made my skin feel soft and glow too! I really like this cleanser and i can see myself using this on a daily basis.
for a 200ml - £11.50



The micellar lotion* is another cleanser and make up remover but this has a no rinse formula which is a plus point.
One thing that I don't like about the Avene Micellar Solution is that it contains fragrance - it is very subtle but still why put fragrance in a product that claims to calm the skin and is meant for redness-prone skin?!
Rant over, moving over to how the product actually performs. I just used a cotton pad with the Avene Micellar Solution all over my face; I used it only at night to remove my makeup, in the morning I still prefer my cleansing gels. It did good job at removing my makeup although sometimes I woke up with a little bit of mascara left under the eyes. Another thing that bothered me was the fact that it left this annoying sticky residue on my skin.
So i wasn't particularly pleased with this but do not let my review stop you from buying it because like i said before this is preferably for sensitive skin and i have combination skin.
for a 200ml - £12.50

4 comments:

  1. Great reviews! Interested in trying more Avene products! Love their Thermal Water spray. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gel cleanser sounds great. Have heard quite a few good reviews on these products! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Maya thank you! ^^ i have heard alot about that product but i have never used it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ spiderleglashes :) be sure to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara