Thursday, 27 September 2012

Performance Colors - reviewing the face section part 2.


I was sent two pots of foundation. One is a neutral medium/light which is for pink undertones and warm medium light which is for yellow undertones. The warm matches my skintone perfectly.



£4.77/$7.50 for 5 ounces
L: neutral R:warm


This foundation really reminds me of the Maybellines dream matte mousse but it is way better than that. The texture is amazing, it has a medium coverage with a natural finish. Blends well to leave the skin looking flawless.
I really recommend this foundation to all, trust me a little goes along way with this product and the texture is great, does not feel like you are wearing a mask.




£3.18/$5 for a 5g tube
I was also sent a lil pot of concealer in medium light, The shade was fine. The actual concealer was good in terms of covering blemishes,dark circles but I had a little issue which was that it slightly crumbled when blending, i have no idea why. The consistency is somewhat same to the foundation and i noticed that there wasn't any creasing which happens with my Mac studio finish concealer.

Overall i have really enjoyed using the Performance Colors products, It great to outside the brands and see homemade cosmetics because some are actually quite good. The amount of work Tiffany (owner) has gone through to make such products is commendable. The link to check out her products is http://www.etsy.com/shop/PerformanceColors

I was also sent a sample of a black gel eyeliner but i didn't feature it in the eyes section simply because I will be doing a picture tutorial on how to apply gel liner and create the perfect smokey eyes (as requested) i will also add a short review too :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there I really enjoy reading your blog. However I a couple suggestions regarding your picture taking for makeup products and swatches. Some of your images are dark or the flash washes out the color. It would be better if you took them in natural day light but not in direct sunlight. I just gives us readers a better idea of the actual true color of the makeup swatches. Once again though I like your blog :) Hope you don't take my suggestions wrongly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jrproofs thank you for your honest words! i take any kind of feedback because i want to improve my blog for all of my followers so i will take a note on your suggestion and i will improve my photos :) glad you like my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments and I do read each and every one. I also reply to each of your comments within a day or two so do check back. Any urgent enquiries, feel free to send me an email or message me on twitter @theycallme_zara